Chapter 14

Damian took Luke to his room and Kyle followed. Kyle suggested they play some games, but Damian was not in the mood. 

He was thinking of what Luke said and no matter how he tried, he couldn't remember what the stone Luke was talking about was.

Luke and Kyle played some games until the servant told them that dinner was ready. The three of them went to the dining table and Matthew and Jessica were chatting happily. Once they saw Luke coming in, Matthew became energetic and invited Luke to sit next to him.

Luke had no choice but to sit next to Damian's dad, and Damian was burning with jealousy. First, his dad made him leave so he could talk to Luke alone, now he is making sit next to him.

Damian reluctantly sat with his brother, who was smirking at him. He really hates all of his family. Once Luke and he marry, he will take Luke to a new house so they spend alone time and no one can disturb them.

Matthew asked Luke about how his mom and brother were doing and even told him that he should bring them next time when he comes.

Luke was already confused about why he even got invited to dinner because of his father's promotion and now they not only discussed nothing about his father now they want him to bring his family next time?

Luke looked at Damian, who was glaring at his brother after his brother said something. He felt he wanted to leave. He never enjoyed being with so many people.

In his world he had only his mom, so it was just them alone, but after he came into this world, more and more people are getting closer. He doesn't know how he should feel about it.

On one hand, he likes this feeling, but on the other hand, he also fears losing it. After the dinner, Damian excused himself and took Luke outside, and told him to get in the car.

Luke was expecting Damian to take him home, so he didn't say anything, but after some time, Damian took him in a different direction.

When he asked about it he said 'just wait '. They drove to the outskirts of the town and deep into the nearby forest. Damian stopped his car and told Luke they need to walk forwards on since the car can't go any deeper.

"Where are we going?" Luke asked with curiosity.

"You will see."

Luke pouted his mouth, showing he was angry at Damian. Usually, Damian listens to whatever he says, but now he won't even tell him where they were going.

Damian just laughed at Luke's childish reactions. He didn't expect Luke can even act like this. After all, since they have been spending time together, Luke has always been very reserved and acts like an adult man.

Even though he would prefer Luke to act like a kid so, he can spoil him more. After some time they reached a lake where there was a table with food. There were two chairs and they seemed to be filled with all of Luke's favorite foods.

It was beautiful and also decorated with lights around it. Luke opened his mouth in awe as couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Damian was secretly observing Luke's reactions and was happy that Luke seems to be like it.

"Come", Damian took his hand and led him. Luke was so surprised that he followed him absentmindedly.

"This is really beautiful", Luke said looking at all the food suddenly he was suddenly feeling a lot hungry.

Damian taught a lot of things in his head about how he should propose to Luke. But no matter how much he thought, he still couldn't come up with a good idea that conveys to Luke how much he loves him.

He knew Luke was very simplistic and didn't like the grand gestures that his previous partners enjoyed. He always taught he could get everything with money.

But now he knows it can never be valued as much as Luke's love. He knew Luke liked the food a lot, and he also likes to enjoy a quiet meal with no one interfering.

"I made all the food by myself.", Damian said a bit embarrassingly, he was secretly observing how Luke's mom would cook while helping her so he could learn, and later when he goes home, he would apply them to see if it matches the taste.

He wanted to make Luke comfortable and even when in the future Luke comes to live with him, he won't have to be sad about missing his mother's cooking.

Luke was taken aback when he heard what Damian said and after taking the spoon and tasting the soup, he was surprised by how it tasted.

"It tastes exactly like my mom's"

"Well, I learned how to make it just like her so, you will like it", Luke first heard his own heartbeat as it was beating so fast.

He didn't know what to say. Since he knew Damian, he has always been nice to him.

In fact, nice would be a weak word. He has to say whenever his brother was anxious about him being with Damian alone; he knew why.

He too hoped Damian won't like him so he won't have to break his heart. But, if Damian really likes him, then he will make a mistake if choose to ignore and let Damian's hopes up.

He can't stay in this world forever and if he is in an intimate relationship, it will only hurt when he has to leave.

Looking at Damian's cheerful face, he knew he had to break his hopes of them being together. It's for both's sake.

Luke took a deep breath.

"Damian."

"Huh?"

"How has your girlfriend been doing recently?"