9.

Isabella's POV:

⚠️TW: mentions of dead⚠️
I woke up not being able to breath. WTF?

I opened my eyes and saw Gray laying on top of me, his hair was messy and he was snoring lightly. He grumbled in his sleep when I tried to move and tightened his grip around me.

I laughed softly before playing with his hair. Memories of last night flooded through my mind

Flashback

"Grayson, I want you. Now" I said and he didn't hesitate and we went inside quickly. He turned us around so he shut the door with my back before kissing me again. His hands left my waist and went to my butt and then to my thighs, getting the hints, I jumped up and embraced his waist with my legs before he went upstairs, not breaking the kiss once. My hands flew to his neck and then to his hair, pulling softly which earned a moan from him. Normally I find boys moaning not attractive but his made my core getting warmer then before. As soon as we entered my room he broke the kiss apart. "No we shouldn't be doing this, you're tipsy and I'm close to drunk" he said, which made me frown and say "I may be tipsy but I know what I'm doing" he chuckled before leaning down to my ear and grabbing my waist pulling me closer, and I immediately felt his big bulge "I know what I'm doing, and I know that you know what you're doing" he paused for a second "but I want you to remember when I take you hard on every surface in this whole fucking house" he whispered with his low voice. I clenched my legs hoping he wouldn't see it but he saw it, before pecking my cheeks. "Sooooo girl let's do some masks and watch scary movies and cry together over romantic movies!!!!!" He said with a high pitched voice which made me laugh loudly

End of flashback

I smiled, before seeing Gray lifting his head slowly, his eyes adjusting to the light, before looking at me with a smile. "Hi gorgeous" he said with his morning voice, "hey" I said.

"What time is it?" He asked, I glanced at the clock "it's 10 in the morning, why?" His expression suddenly turned panicked "shitttttt I never told my mom I came home" he said while standing up looking for his phone, before showing it to me
20 missed calls from Mom❤️
Mom❤️ 3 new messages
Mom❤️
Hey hunny where are you? Anyhow
I'm heading of to the store real quick
07:00AM

Grayson I just got home
And you're still not here.
08:00AM

Grayson Emiliano Miller
When you get home
You have a problem.
09:45AM

I'm sorry I crashed at Justin's and my phone fell out and I forgot to ask Justin for a charger because I was tired, and I'm already omw I'll be there in 5 love you ❤️
10:05AM
✔️✔️

I chuckled at him, it was so funny seeing him grab his stuff so fast. "I'll call you later this day" he said before jumping out of my window, not giving me a chance to say something back. Well, okay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 10PM and he still didn't call, I mean not that I'm forcing him to, but yeah never mind it's nothing, he's probably just busy.

A knock on my door caught my attention "come in" I said while scrolling through my insta. My mom came in "hey hunny wanna get ice cream?" I knew immediately that something was up. Ice cream was always our sign to tell each other something was up.

"Yeah I'll change quick I'll be down in a sec" she nodded before closing my door. I grabbed my black sweatpants with the matching black hoodie and went downstairs to put on my shoes. And we left.

 And we left

The outfit

We got into the car and after a 10 minute drive we arrived at the local ice cream shop. My mom ordered while I sat in a booth.

We came here since I was 3, for my birthday. I smiled slightly at the memory. Mom, dad and I. I miss my dad but he's in the army.

Last week he sent me a letter and a picture of him. It's in my nightstand drawer, where all his letters and pictures were.

I also write him back and he loves it when I send a picture of me and mom, last time I send one with mom and I standing next to our door and when he sent one back he was so happy to see how much I've grown. I've sent another letter but the shippings is 1 week so it didn't arrive yet.

My thought were being interrupted when mom sat in the booth and handed me my ice cream. "So how was your day hunny?"  She asked "mom I already know something is up, what is it?"

I said, and I know she could hear the nervousness in my voice "first eat your ice cream I paid for it" she said half jokingly. I understood the assignment and finished it in 2 minutes.

"Mom tell me now what is going on? You're scaring me" I said before looking into her glossy eyes. Shit. "I'm so sorry" and she began to cry. Shit shit shit.

"Mom, what's going on?" I said with a lump in my throat. And just like that. She handed me a envelope. I looked at the back of the envelope. It was from the army. No fuck. What the fuck. No no no no.

Dear Mrs Liliana Carter and Miss Isabella Carter,
We're sorry to inform you that your husband and dad Benjamin Carter, died in the war. He was shot 3 times in the back, and one time in the head. He tried to survive but it just couldn't. He left a couple things behind for the two of you. We're really sorry and send our condolences from everybody. Your husband and father was a loved man, and did everything to save the country.

Greetings from
Matthew Brook
Colonel.

My hands were shaking and my vision was blurry because of my tears while I looked in the in the envelope. There was a letter with my name, I opened it and my dad's necklace fell out.

Dear Izzy,
I know you got this letter because I'm not here anymore, but I want you to know that I love you so much my princess. And you that. I'm so proud of you had far you've came in life and I want to courage to continue! Don't let this be a downfall for you because I don't want that. I want you to continue with your school, get your diploma and get into your dream collage. It doesn't matter which one. I love you so much my dear I really do. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you as much as we both wanted to. You grew so much my little princess! I can't call you my princess anymore you're more of a Queen. (Don't tell your mom). Please keep my necklace, so that I'm always with you and close to your heart. I love you baby and I always will. I know you're crying and I understand that, but please you got to move on I don't want to be the reason you fail in life I love you baby. I may not always be there but I still love you and I've said it a hundred times but it doesn't matter. I know you want to become a doctor, and please, do it for me. Do your best in school better then before so you can graduate quick and go to your dream collage. I want you to love your education as much as you love me. And be that doctor, to save lives❤️ I love you princess and I always will.
Love,
Dad

I was sobbing and I didn't know what to say. I looked at my mom, and she looked at me also with red eyes. "I'm sorry mom. I- I can't do this" and I left the shop.

Calling the one person I need right now.
"Isabella? Is everything okay?"