13.

Grayson's POV:

I came home immediately smelling cleaning stuff. It's typical of mom to clean the whole house when guests are coming over.

"Hey mom, why are you cleaning so much all of a sudden? I can see myself on the kitchen tiles," I joked, mom turned around smiling but her smile dropped as soon as she looks at my empty hands.

"Grayson, didn't I tell you to bring the flowers when you were on your way home?" she said strict. Oh shit what flowers?

"What do you mean? What flowers?" I asked curiously "Grayson Emiliano Miller, this is the last time I'm saying this, if you would've listen this morning instead of being on that damn phone the whole time you would've known what I was talking about," she said.

Flashback to this morning
"Grayson, you're gonna miss the bus," mom said. Wait what? "Mom, remember I got a car?" I said to her. "I told you last night, my car is at the garage so I would be needing yours and you said 'okay mom i'll go with the bus then' your words not mine," oh yeah shit that's true "yeah okay i'll leave in 10 minutes that's enough i guess," I shrugged it off and put in my AirPods. My mom was talking to me but I didn't hear her and I guess it was just something about the bus so it doesn't matter. "Grayson did you hear me?" she said, "yeah mom I heard you completely, every single word you said," I said and she just chuckled and mumbled something under her breath

End of flashback

"Okay, I'm sorry i didn't hear what you said, could you maybe repeat it and then i'll get your flowers?" I asked her. "The Carters are coming over- don't you look at me like that I invited them over. Isabella's dad died," wait what? "Wait, are you serious?"

"Yes I'm very serious I don't make jokes about this," she said before continuing her story

"yesterday morning and her mom told her it yesterday evening, she said that it was heartbreaking for Isabella, so I told them that we would show our love and support and I insisted on them coming over, so that they wouldn't have to make food, and making sure that they eat because with news like this it is logic that they don't want to eat, or do anything at all. Did you notice if Isabella was kinda off today at school maybe?"

Shit, that's why she was acting like that, was that maybe what she told Chris? But why did she tell him first and not me? I didn't do anything wrong right? Right?

"Acting like a bitch again"

Oh shit. And maybe that's why her eyes were puffy from crying last night and that's why she was reacting the way she was reacting. I feel like a dick right now . I was acting like a jerk and only asked her if she was okay for her to stop acting like that. I should say sorry when I see her tonight. No I am going to say sorry when I see her tonight, no discussion needed.

"Uhm, yes but I just thought that she was tired or something," I said not wanting to tell her the real story; how I said she was acting like a bitch only for answering weird and then getting jealous at her seeing her leave a janitors closet and ignoring her existence and not wanting to sit close to her so eating lunch alone on the bleachers and sitting on another seat in class. Oh my god, i'm a fucking jerk and I have hurt her even more, she was already heartbroken and I just broke her heart more.

"Well, I want you to go to the store right now, and buy a bouquet of red and white roses, the one with 14 red ones and 11 white ones, it's like 3 dollars," she said. "Uh okay yeah i'll go right now, do you need anything else?" I asked. "No just that," I nodded and walked out of the kitchen before turning back "oh what time will they be here?" she looked at her phone "oh wait I just got a message, they say they can't be here for dinner but they will come later in the evening around 7pm, because the plan was 5pm and that would be in an hour," she said. Okay, 7pm "alrighty then, well i'm gonna get going see you later," I said and she yelled a bye before I closed the door behind me and walked over to my car.