23.

It was him. Chris.

He opened his mouth to say something but Cam came in with  bottle of water. ''You need to sober up.'' she said and I downed the whole bottle in less then 10 seconds. Damn i was thirsty as fuck.

I turned to look at Chris. ''Someone asked me to give you a ride,'' he said and I got confused and turned to Justin. ''Huh? I thought Liam asked you to bring me home, not Chris?'' I asked him confused. ''That is true, Liam asked Justin but before you're going home there's somewhere I need to take you. Just trust me please?'' He asked and I nodded before hugging Cam and Diane goodbye.

I grinned at Justin. ''Thanks for the piggy back,'' I smirked at him and he laughed. ''Justin Greggory is always to your service ma'am.'' We all laughed at that before Chris and I said our goodbyes and got into the car. The others would take a taxi home.

As we got into the car, Chris gave me an Advil and another waterbottle, which I drank this time a bit slower then a couple minutes ago. ''Well let's go shall we?'' he said before starting the engine. ''Chris,'' I said and he looked at me ''yes?'' he asked.

"I know you're taking me to Grayson.'' I told him. He looked shocked ''how did you know? I didn't even mentione his name?'' He asked me confused. ''I'm not dumb Chris, the only one of our group who wasn't at the door was him, and 'taking me somewhere'? That's when I really knew.'' I said and he laughed ''you're a smart motherfucker,'' I playfully slapped his arm.

After a cormfortable silence we arrived at our destination. I got out of the car to look at the view, it was a beautiful lake, you could see the bright stars.

Chris looked at me "just, hear him out," was all he said before he drove away.

I walked over to the dock, where Grayson sat. His back was facing me and next to him was a plastic white bag.

I sat down next to him in silence. I just took the time to look around me, I don't know why I'm here or what he is going to do or say but I don't fully trust him? I look like the bad guy but it's just, trust issues I guess.

"Me and my dad used to come here every Friday after school. He would pick me up, and we would go here, just chilling," he decided to speak up.

I noticed how he said used to. So not anymore. A thousand questions filled my mind. Is he dead? Like mine? Is he in another country?

"He and my mom broke up." He said readings mind. "After my uh, after my mom found out he was cheating on her for months and he had another family." He said and I heard his voice crack.

I scooted closer to him "Grayson I'm-," but he interrupted me "no wait, let me tell my story." He said and I kept quiet.

"My mom was so mad at him when she found out, she threw all his clothes out of her window like in the movies you know? And she threw her wedding ring at him." His shoulder tensed and he took a deep breath before continuing

"I remember sitting in my room, hugging my pillow tightly, hoping they would stop, and dad telling it was a bad joke, and that he loves her so we could be a happy family again." He sniffled.

"But then, I heard mom yell. I ran over to their room, her cheek was red and she tried to cover it with her hands but I already saw it. He touched her." I gasped, not knowing what to say.

His mom is so sweet and such a loving person and cares for everyone how could her own husband touch her !?!

"I saw red. I didn't see him as my father anymore. He was in the living room. The pussy ran downstairs after slapping her. My mom tried to stop me but I couldn't. I walked over to him and started punching him, his nose, his jaw I started to physically fight with my own father." I looked him in his eyes.