Chapter 17

2nd POV

You paced back and forth infront of the doors to Nightmare's throne room, Error watching you with a worried expression on his skull as Nightmare was in his throne room, trying to get Dream to talk. Error sighed lightly "Why w0μ1d Dr3∆m t4y t0 3nd h1m5elf? H3 h4s 7h3 m0s7 ¶0s1t1v3 P3r5on4li7y?" He asked. You stopped walking and sighed lightly "it probably might be Ink's fault..." You said a slight scowling expression on your skull.

Error blinked lightly "Wh47 m4k3s y0u 7h1nk 7h4t?" He asked, making you sigh lightly "I don't know how...but I could hear Dream's thoughts...." You said making Error's eyesockets widen slightly ".....WΠa7 w4s h3 th1nk1n9 0f?..." He asked lightly.

You frowned slightly "he kept thinking 'Ink is right..I couldn't protect my brother, it's my fault he's like how he is now....I'm such a terrible guardian....I couldn't even protect my own brother....'" you said shakily, glowing tears in the corner of your eyesockets. Error frowned slightly "y0u...y0μ sh0u1d 73ll.... N1gh1m4re...." He said, making you sigh lightly and nod before lightly knocking on the doors of the throne room "Nig- I mean Boss? Could I come in, there's something important I need to tell you" you said, opening the door and walking in once Nightmare told you to come in.

You closed the door and walked over to Nightmare and Dream. Dream was standing beside Nightmare, looking down at his feet "...." You sighed before telling Nightmare what you told Error.

Nightmare's eyesocket widening slightly, his eyelight becoming a slit "...." He looked over at Dream who was now staring at you, an unreadable expression on his face "Brother....is this true?" He asked.

Dream looked at him before nodding "..." Glowing tears began to go down his cheekbones before he began to loudly cry. Nightmare immediately hugged Dream and let him cry onto his shoulder.

Dream eventually calmed down and wiped his tears "Brother, do you mind telling me what happened before you tried to jump into the void?" He asked. Dream nodded, you walking over to him. He looked at you, a bone-brow slightly raised, he then looked at Nightmare "before I tell you what happened who is the Swap!Sans beside me." He asked.

Nightmare looked at you "Y/n? You ok with me telling Dream?" He asked lightly. You nodded lightly, making Nightmare look at Dream "Brother, this isn't an actual Swap!Sans....this is a....creator who....well turned into a Swap!Sans..." he said, making Dream's eyesockets widen slightly "..." He looked at you "is...this true?" He asked lightly, you nodded lightly "yep...." You said "do you know how this happened?" He asked.

You frowned slightly and shook your skull "no I... don't remember my human life....the only thing I remember is that I'm a creator from the creators universe" you said sadly.

Dream sighed before looking at Nightmare "before I get distracted...I may as well tell you what happened.... Ink and I were arguing...I was telling him that he seemed to only care about the Aus....and not caring about the people in the Aus....and he was telling me that I only cared about the people....then he went too far and blamed me for you becoming the way you are now...." He said, making you clutch your fists and growl lightly 'of course....' you thought bitterly.

Dream looked at you "considering you are a creator I guess you know about Nightmare and I's past?" He asked, making you nod. You and Dream both jumped slightly and look at Nightmare as he had angrily stabbed a wall with his tentacles with a growl.

He looked at Dream "Bother, you and I both know that our past was NOT your fault." He said, tears in the corner of his eyesocket. He looked at you as you said "Nigh- err Boss is right you know..." He and Dream stared at you. You looked at the two of them.

You then looked at Nightmare before walking over to him and wiped his tears, ignoring the goop sticking to your hand "If I remember correctly...both of your creator mentioned that you both were only eight when that happened...that is correct right?" You said. Nightmare and Dream nodded lightly. You looked at Dream then walked over to him.

"It's clearly not your fault, Dream...how did you feel when you saw...Boss..." You began, Nightmare sighed lightly "considering it is only us three here, you don't have to call me by 'Boss' that's only when we're near the others" he said, making you nod.

"Anyway, Dream what were you feeling when Nightmare ate that Apple?" You said. Dream sighed lightly "I was feeling... scared....I was frozen in place and couldn't move due to how scared I was....and when I tried to...the villagers blocked my way to Nightmare...." He said, tears going down his cheekbones "I tried to get through them...but they were too strong....so...I had to watch...as my own brother was in pain...." He added.

You hugged Dream and let him cry on your shoulder. After a few minutes of crying, Dream calmed down before looking at Nightmare, was looking at his hands "Brother....why did you eat the apple...?" He asked making Nightmare look at him. Nightmare sighed lightly "....I hadn't even grabbed one of the negativity apples...I had grabbed one of yours, thinking that if the villagers saw me holding one of your apples...." He began.

You frowned slightly, wiping at the tears on your cheekbones "....you wanted the villagers to see that you could protect the positivity apples...so they wouldn't treat you like shit...." You said. Dream looked at you before looking at Nightmare "what do they mean by that?..." He asked Nightmare. Nightmare sighed lightly "you know when I told you everytime you saw me injured that I only fell?" He said.

Dream nodded lightly "well I was lying to you that whole time...it was the villagers....they were the ones causing me pain....they would use a few of them playing with you as a way to distract you so they could hurt me without you knowing..." He replied.

Dream frowned slightly"why didn't you tell me, I could've told them to stop!" He said. Nightmare looked at you as you sighed lightly ".....I didn't tell you because I felt that if I told you and you tried to tell them to stop...they would start hurting you too..." He said.

Nightmare and Dream looked at you as you suddenly stood up and threw a bone attack at Ink, who was near. You looked at Ink "you do know that it's rude to eavesdrop on someone's private conversation?..." You said with a growl. Ink stared at you, his eyelights white slits 'great the bitch is emotionless..' you thought before quickly dodging the attack thrown at you by Ink.

While you and Ink were fighting Dream went over to Nightmare and whispered something into his 'ear'. Nightmare's eyesocket widened slightly and he looked at Dream "Brother! Are you crazy?!" He whispered/yelled at Dream. Dream sighed before shaking his skull "I'm not....I...." He said.

Nightmare sighed lightly "are you sure you want to do this?..." He asked lightly. Dream nodded "positive....I don't want to be near Ink anymore.... he was clearly using me for my positivity...." He replied, a sad but still slightly happy smile on his skull. Nightmare sighed lightly before using his negativity to make a negativity apple "...." He hugged Dream's side. Dream summoned a two pairs of gloves and put them in his hands. A tentacle placed the apple in Dream's hands as soon as Dream put the gloves on. Dream looked down at the apple "...." He looked at you and Ink still fighting and sighed lightly before taking a bite.