Chapter 22

2nd POV

You sighed lightly as you stared up at the ceiling of your room blankly, laying on your bed "..." You sat up before looking at the clock on the wall, noticing it was midnight "..." You blinked lightly, hearing a sound from the kitchen.

You got out of the bed, walked out of your room then to the kitchen. 'Who would be up at this hour?' You thought lightly as you walked into the kitchen. You blinked lightly, noticing Dust sitting at the table, staring at a mug with hot chocolate with his hands shaking and his eyelights pinpricks "..." You frowned slightly and walked over to Dust, hearing him mutter stuff under his breath.

You sighed lightly and sat next to Dust "..." You gently placed a hand on his. He flinched slightly before looking at you "...." You smiled softly and gently rubbed circles onto the back of his hands. Dust blinked as his hands kept shaking, he stared at you before glowing tears welled up in the corner of his eyesockets.

You smiled softly "let it all out buddy.." you said softly, making Dust hug you and cry into your shoulder, muttering words about his past. You sighed lightly before looking at Nightmare who had walked into the kitchen, having felt Dust's negativity.

Nightmare frowned at the sight of Dust as he walked over. You looked at Dust who was still crying, you gently rubbed Dust's back. Dust eventually had cried himself to sleep.

Nightmare noticed and sighed lightly before his tentacles grabbed Dust and gently carried him over to Nightmare. His tentacles lowered Dust into his arms. He gently wiped Dust's tears and looked at you. You smiled lightly, making Nightmare give a slight smile before turning around. His tentacles grabbed you and carried you over to him "why are you up?" He asked lightly.

You sighed lightly "I... couldn't sleep...I mean... I'm glad I remembered how I died....but... knowing that I died after not being able to protect my own brother but....I just wonder....is he like actually dead or....did he end up like me? Alone....and without his older sibling..." You said lightly. Nightmare sighed lightly "Y/n, I'm sure he's fine if he ended up like you..." He said lightly.

You sighed lightly ".... you're right....but.." you began. Nightmare sighed "no 'but's... He's going to be fine.." he said, making you sigh lightly. Nightmare began walking and took Dust to his room. Once in Dust's room, Nightmare laid Dust in his bed and tucked him in, a tentacle gently petting Dust's skull.

Nightmare walked out of Dust's room and shut the door behind him. He headed towards your room. You yawned lightly "..." Nightmare walked into your room and placed you in the bed and tucked you in before using his magic, muttering a 'Sleep...' lightly, causing your eyesockets to shut as you fell asleep.