Chapter 6

Just watched Fast Five again and I'm stressing from studying for a test that's worth 25% of my grade so I'm writing this to de-stress :)

Chapter Quote:
"Did he smack that ass, or did he grab it?"
~Tej,
Fast Five

_________________________________ 

Chapter 6

Ember 

Working in your uncle's garage with your best friend causes problems because you two are always goofing off. 

Working in your uncle's garage with the guy you're sneaking out to see every Friday night while keeping it a secret from everyone but your best friend causes problems because it's really hard to act like you don't like him in the manner you do.

Working in your uncle's garage with the two guys just mentioned was interesting to say the least.  Mainly because Brandon kept making lovey-dovey faces at me and Jace whenever Dom and Letty weren't looking.  Jace would blatantly flirt with me when my family wasn't around and I'd tease back even though we both knew nothing was going to happen between us.  I cared too much about my family's opinion to actually go for him, yet I found myself irresistibly attracted.  He'd cut back on racing so I had hopes that maybe one day, when he was done with racing for good, the two of us could start something.

"Hey, you two want to go to a party tonight?" Jace asked, plopping next to me and Brandon on the couch.  We were done with the day of work and were now hanging out in my living room watching television.

"I'm game.  Where is it?" Brandon replied.

"It's at a warehouse near the places the races are held.  My friend Bucky is hosting it.  You met him Ember, remember?"

"Yeah, the black-haired, blue-eyed one, right?"

"That's him.  What do you say?"

"I'll go.  He's nice.  I like him," I agreed.

"Well count me in too.  I gotta meet them," Brandon said.

"You'll love them.  They're awesome.  Let's go."

"Uh, not now.  I'm going out.  I have to put makeup on," I protested, getting up.  Before the boys could argue, I ran upstairs and made the makeup I was wearing more appropriate for a night out.  I changed into a different shirt as well because I don't think a sweater is appropriate for a party like the one we're going to.  I went back downstairs twenty minutes later.  Jace drove me while Brandon followed us.  When we arrived at the party, the music was booming throughout the building which was actually an abandoned warehouse that Bucky had somehow taken over.

"Jace!" A girl called out.  Her light brown hair bounced as she jogged over to him, throwing her arms around his neck once she reached him. "You didn't tell me you were going to be here!"

"Didn't know I was coming.  Jackie, this is Ember and Brandon.  They're friends of mine," Jace introduced.

"Nice to meet you!  Come on, let's go in.  The party is amazing!" Jackie grabbed Jace's hand and started leading him away.  I pushed away my jealousy and followed.  Brandon took my hand in his so as not to lose me.  After all, the building was packed with people who were either talking or dancing.

"Ember!  Jace didn't say you were coming!  Great to see you!" Bucky exclaimed, popping up in front of me.  I gave him a smile and said hi, introducing him to Brandon. "Nice to meet you man.  You want some drinks?  Bar's over here!"

He led us over to where Steve and Sam were standing, offering to get us something to drink.  I passed on the offer but Brandon went for it.

"How've you been Ember?  Heard Jace is working with you at your uncle's shop," Sam said.