Chapter 14

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"You can't just climb in the rink with Ali 'cause you think you can box."
~Jesse, Fast and Furious
______________________________________

Chapter 14

Jackson

I'd found an abandoned warehouse when I was running from Lynch's crew that I took refuge in. I slipped myself into a tiny spot that hopefully would hide me until Ember and crew came to rescue me. I just prayed that I hadn't left a blood trail after having been shot in the shoulder. Overall I felt fine but blood was continuously coming out of the wound and sooner or later, the loss of blood was going to start affecting me. It was also a miracle I'd even been able to outrun them considering I'd severely twisted my ankle trying to escape them.

"Find him!" Jenkins barked. He was the head tech guy for Lynch. The only person I knew so far that could give him a run for his money and win was Tej. Peeking through a small crack in my hiding spot, I could see Kaiser slinking around the room I was in. My breath stopped, fear coursing through my veins because if he found me, I was dead. Unlike the others, he was here to kill. Lynch wanted my head but he wanted to take it himself. Since Kaiser figured out that it was me who helped Jace and Brandon escape who proceeded to kick his ass, he had personal bone to pick with me.

With the worst timing possible, my phone vibrated in my pocket. Kaiser turned his head ever so slightly but it was obvious he heard. Miraculously, he started moving towards the other side of the room. Taking advantage of the moment, I slipped my hand into my pocket and read the text from Ember.

You're far away from the main door right?? It read. I frowned in confusion at it. She already knew the directions to get to me in the building. Why did she need to know whether or not it was close to the main door? I replied to her that I wasn't sure to which she answered.

Yes. I'm on the second floor. I answered, becoming more and more suspicious of her plan.

Oh then we're fine. See you soon. She sent back.

Ember what are you doing?? I responded. She didn't reply but it didn't take me long to figure out why. All of a sudden, there was a massive crash downstairs. Kaiser immediately ran out of the room to see what the commotion was. Hardly twenty seconds later, there was the distinct sound of gunfire. I swear there was at least one machine gun down there but to my knowledge, none of Lynch's men had one that sounded as powerful as the one I was hearing.

"Jackson?!" A voice whispered loudly. "Where are you?!"

"Come on man! The girls are badass but they can't hold Lynch's men off forever. Sooner or later they're going to figure out it's a diversion!" Another voice called out quietly.

"Brandon? Jace?" I queried, stepping out from my hiding spot. The two boys whirled around, guns pointed at me, but they lowered their weapons once they realized it was me.

"Dude you look like shit," Brandon remarked.

I glared at him. "Want me to shoot you and see how you feel?"

"I already fell through a roof. I'm good."

"Speaking of rooves, let's get up to the roof here and rappel down," Jace encouraged.

"We're doing what now?" I asked, hobbling after them as fast as I could as I followed them to our escape route.

"We used some of those rope gun things to get ourselves up here. We're going to use them to get down as well."