Chapter 15

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"You don't turn your back on family, even when they do."
~Dom Toretto
___________________________________________

Chapter 15

Jace

After an hour and a half of waiting, Mia and Letty finally came into Ember and Sam's room where we were all waiting impatiently to hear the verdict on Jackson.

"Are you going to let him stay?" Ember asked.

"Yes. But you have some explaining to do," Mia replied.

"Like why you didn't tell us about him helping you in the first place?" Letty said.

"Because I didn't think any of you would trust him and it's not like I trusted him in the beginning but he earned it, especially after he warned me that Lynch's crew had found me, Jace, and Brandon at that restaurant. If it weren't for him, I'd be with Lynch right now."

"Why didn't you call us so we could extract Jackson out of the building?" Mia inquired.

"Because I knew you would take a while to come up with a plan and we needed to get to him ASAP. He didn't have long being shot and all."

"Why didn't you three stop her?" Letty glared at me, Brandon, and Sam.

I answered, "She would've gone to help him with or without us. We figured it was better to have her back than to let her go in alone."

"As much as I disagree with you letting her go, you have a point. Are there any other people on Lynch's side helping you out?"

"Unfortunately no," Ember said. "Can we go see him?"

"Go ahead," Mia agreed. Ember rushed past her mom and aunt with the rest of us on her heels. Jackson was sitting with Dom, still talking about things but they stopped when we arrived. Dom hugged his niece and said goodnight to the rest of us before leaving us to talk privately with Jackson.

"How you feeling?" Ember questioned.

"Tired. The adrenaline from being chased, being shot, being rescued, and being interrogated is wearing off now," he responded, giving her a humorous smile. He took a sip from his glass of water. "You get reprimanded much?"

"They tried, but they also realize that they would've done exactly what I did if they'd been in my position. Before you go to sleep, let me and Sam take your pulse and blood pressure to make sure it's gone down."

"Sounds good." Sam went to grab the first aid kit while Ember sat next to Jackson. Brandon and I sat on the coffee table in front of him.

"So what'd they ask you?" I asked.