Chapter 32

Chapter Quote:
"Roman: Just promise me, Brian. No more funerals.
Brian: Just one. His."
~Fast and Furious Seven
________________________________

Chapter 32

Ember

Jackson and I drove side by side, dodging the oncoming cars who honked in protest at us. Thank god it was late at night because it meant the interstate wasn't near as busy. Plus Hobbs had the foresight to shut down a few miles worth of exits to buy us and the civilians some safety.

We passed the first closed exit, and suddenly, all the cars were gone

We passed the first closed exit, and suddenly, all the cars were gone. I breathed in relief as Jackson and I came to a stop. I watched on our GPS as Jace's tracker showed where he was. Whoever he was with was heading towards the farthest exit from us, the first 'closed' one. That would give us plenty of time to prepare.

"Attaching cable," Jackson announced. I heard something latch onto my car. It was a metal wire that could stop a moving vehicle in its tracks without snapping, and that's exactly what we were planning on. We just had to make sure Lynch was coming from the opposite direction for it to work. We also had to ensure he was close to the center, so one of us didn't get pulled more than the other. I doubted that would be an issue, but it was still a possibility.

"Okay, we should start going..." I watched the screen as Jace's tracker pulled onto the freeway. "Now!"

Jackson and I floored it, gathering up speed in the blink of an eye. We stuck next to each other at first. I risked a glance in his direction, but could barely see anything through our tinted windows.

"Approaching the target," he said. In the distance, I could see Jace's ride, and behind him, Lynch. They had barely enough room between them for us to pull off what we needed to. It was a good thing our cars were agile.

The allied car was nearly upon us, and I tried to get a look at the driver as he shot past us

The allied car was nearly upon us, and I tried to get a look at the driver as he shot past us. But he blasted past us, and the only thing I could do was swerve outward after putting as much distance between Jackson and me as possible.

Lynch should've been in the middle. That way the rope would've put equal force on mine and Jackson's cars.

But instead, he plowed into the rope right next to Jackson's car, causing it to come to a violent stop, and mine to come whipping around. Without thinking, I rushed out of my vehicle to Jackson's side to check on him. Throwing open his door, I found him slumped over the steering wheel, unconscious with blood trickling down his face.