Chapter 19

I've been watching Fast Five and Furious 6 the past few days and got some inspiration to write some more for this story. I've also got an idea for a sequel so that might be in the works once this story is finished :)

Chapter Quote:
"You've got to meet my son. Nico. He's a good kid. We named him after you."
~Vince, Fast Five
_________________________________

Chapter 19

I sat in the Ferrari for a good two hours after everyone had turned in for the night, simply thinking about my family and how much I wished I could be with them right now instead of the group of people I was currently associating with. I also waited so I could carry the backpack to my room without having to worry about being accosted by Lynch or his crew about said backpack and what was in it.

Around two in the morning I snuck back to my room with the backpack in one hand and my heels in the other so as not to alert anyone to my presence since I had to walk past everyone's room to get to mine.

Once safely inside, door locked, I opened the backpack. Inside it held a brand new phone with saved numbers in it under codenames such as 'Brother from Another Mother' which I immediately knew was Brandon, there was 'Alpha' and 'Mrs. Alpha' which I knew were Dom and Letty respectively, 'Male Ember Toretto-O'Connor' which I figured was Jace until I scrolled farther down and saw 'Mr. Ember Toretto-O'Connor' so I took two wild guesses: one being that the former was actually Jackson and two, that Brandon had added in all the numbers hence the weird nicknames. Mom was in there as 'Wonder Woman', Hobbs was 'Baby Oil', Roman was 'Rick James' Jacket', Tej was 'MLK's Car', Sam was 'Boss Ass Bitch', and Gina was 'Mother of the Other Brother'. Just holding the phone made me feel closer to them but it was when I hit the button to dial my mom and hearing her voice for the first time since Brazil that I felt closest.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Mom? It's me, Ember..."

"Are you okay?" she demanded immediately.

"I'm fine. I just wanted to hear your voice. I mean I want to hear everyone's voices but especially yours. Are you all okay?"

"We're all fine, just worried sick about you. Jace and Jackson said they saw you at the bar, that you looked well. You weren't lying to them about anything, were you?"

"No, and even if I was, I have a feeling both of them would've been able to see right through me."

"Jace keeps blaming himself for your predicament and I'm pretty sure he's not going to sleep until he makes things right by getting you home."

"Lynch would've gotten me to join him sooner or later, it was just a matter of when. If I hadn't gone with Jace on that ride, Lynch probably would've taken Jace hostage and made a trade with me: his freedom for my service. I would've taken the deal then too."

"Have you looked at everything in the bag?"

"No, why?" I asked, beginning to rummage through it again.

"There's a few things in there that you might need. There's a tracker that you can put in your car and you can reuse it. There's also a bracelet in there for you with a built-in tracker so in case you're not in your car, we still know where you are. There's a bulletproof vest that Hobbs thought needed to be put in there although I'm pretty sure Lynch would give you one if he thought you needed it, despite him knowing you're not completely one hundred percent on his side."

"Actually, this vest gives me an idea. It's dangerous, and totally stupid, but that's what our family does best right?"

"What are you thinking?" Mom inquired hesitantly.