Chapter 18

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back."
~Han Lue, Tokyo Drift
____________________________

Chapter 18

Sam

Jackson was rubbing his face in his hands in complete and utter agitation when I went out to talk to him. He ignored my presence even though he turned around to see who had come out to join him.

  He ignored my presence even though he turned around to see who had come out to join him

"Jackson, what do you know?" I queried.

"Know about what?" he snapped.

"About where Lynch could be with Ember."

"I don't know. He has safe houses in every damn state, three just in LA alone. But knowing him he knows we'll go searching for her so he'd get her as far away as possible from us. Then again he could figure that we'd assume that so he could be keeping her in LA. He switches up the safe houses every couple of months. He was due for a switch up this month so if he is in LA, they're at safe house I've never been to and therefore can't help you find it."

"Surely he doesn't take everything with him? You said he has a warehouse full of cars right?"

"A warehouse full of them that he has his crew move. The new safe house location is never more than thirty minutes away and with twenty people actually working for him who can all drive, about sixty cars, it can take roughly three to four hours to get all the cars to the new safe house."

"So if all the safe houses are within a thirty-minute distance, then that narrows the location down, doesn't it?"

"Not necessarily. He chooses warehouse districts or places with a lot of abandoned buildings so as to make it difficult for people like you and your dad to find people like us."

"You're not one of them. Not anymore."

"I'm the reason Ember's in this mess. If I'd figured out her name sooner, I never would've said anything to Lynch about her. I would've kept her secret quiet."

"Why?"

"For Jack. He wants her safe. Her safety comes before everything else. And I let him down."

"Jackson, Ember knows exactly who Jack is, and where he is."

"She what?" He whirled around to face me now, the color draining out of his face.

"We both do. None of the others know because she respects his wishes about wanting to tell them when he's ready, whenever that may be."

"Guys, Dom wants us to meet him at our new destination. There's a major military target that Hobbs believes Lynch is going to attack," Brandon announced, poking his head through the front door.