Chapter 20

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"I've got eyes on Nico."
~Dom Toretto, Fast Five
________________________________

Chapter 20

"How are you-" I began in amazement at the sight of my cousin.

"Long story short, I'm here to help. Just because Dom and I aren't on the same page doesn't mean I would let you suffer in this hell hole. I come bearing gifts. Here, Dom and Hobbs told me you needed these. Do I need to know why you need fake blood?"

"No, not yet. This plan needs the utmost secrecy. However, I'm very glad you got this to me. This is great. So does Lynch know that you're family to me or...?"

"No, he just thinks I have a vendetta against Dom because he got my father killed. So a partial truth if you will. We can't act all buddy-buddy with each other outside of our rooms. Listen, Hobbs told me to tell you to call him when you got this. What do you say you do that now?"

I pulled out my phone from its hiding spot in a tear in my mattress

I pulled out my phone from its hiding spot in a tear in my mattress. Hobbs picked up on the first ring, asking, "You got it?"

"I'm not sure if you mean the fake blood bags or my cousin, but the answer is yes to both. Thank you for both as well. I still haven't figured out whose handprint accesses the prisoner's cell but I'm working on it. Once I have it, how will I get it to you?"

"Leave that to Nico. He won't be under as much suspicion as you so he'll be able to send it over to us more easily and with less suspicion. Dom's here. He wants to speak with you."

"How are you holding up, kid?" my uncle queried.

"After sleeping for eight hours, I want to sleep another eight more. But I'm fine. Ready to get out of here. How are the others with the plan?"

"Tej and Roman are wondering how it's going to play out without you being killed, Mia's worried sick, and Gina is against it completely, and Letty thinks it's insane, but we're still going through it. The kids don't know the end of it. Dom and I discussed it and we believe that since it's the kids that are going to be chasing you down, we can't risk their acting skills when Lynch is as smart as he is. He'd know if they were faking."

"They're not going to like that," I mumbled. "Are you sure you can't at least tell Jace? He's had issues with his family lying to him before and turning against him, I don't want him to think we're the same."

"We'll warn the kids that we're not telling them something big about the plan but that we can't tell them what it is at this moment in time. Will that do?"

I sighed. "That's the only thing we'll be able to do that will sort of ease my conscience. How is everyone doing?"

"They're holding up, anxious about getting you back though. As we all are," Dom said.