Fast & Furious: A Legacy's Daughter

So I just got this idea and I can’t resist writing it.  I think I’m going to make this a one-shot unless I get a fair amount of reviews so… if you like the story, please review!  If you don’t, just go read another story and don’t bother leaving a flame.  They’re pointless.  Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
“Ride or die.”
~Brian O’Connor
______________________________________

Chapter 1: Legacy

I shouldn’t be here.  I’d be in so much trouble not just by my mom, but by my entire family, blood-related or not.  But I couldn’t resist the street-racing scene.  I didn’t drive or anything, I just loved watching.

My name is Ember Toretto-O’Conner.  I’m twenty-three with blonde hair that makes me stick out in a crowd like a lion in a herd of zebras.  I took on after my dad, but inherited my mother’s personality.  I was the only kid in my direct family.  My uncle Dom and his wife, Letty, never had kids.  I don’t know why.  Roman married a woman named Gia, and they had a son a few months after they got married named Brandon.  He was a year older than me.  Tej never married.

I stuck out like a sore-thumb with my outfit.  Compared to all the girls in skimpy outfits, I was a pariah in my jeans, tank top, and hoodie.  I received weird looks as I walked past all the cars, with a more than a few people calling out to me saying: “You don’t belong here, sweetheart!”

I ignored them, getting as good a view as I could and as close to the starting line as I could.  Two cars were lined up: a Nissan GT-R and a Ford Shelby Mustang.  Both were older cars but were well taken care of, along with all of their parts being upgraded.  I waited for the race to start.  I glanced at the driver of the Nissan since it was closest.  The darkness surrounding him made it hard to see him, but I managed to see he had blonde hair and couldn’t be older than twenty-five.  A leggy girl that possessed the looks of a Victoria’s Secret angel walked out onto the road, standing in front of the cars, counting down.  Just before the girl gave the ‘Go’ signal, the Nissan driver looked my way.  We made eye contact briefly; I looked away quickly, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks.  He was a lot handsomer than his side profile let on…  I dared glancing back at his car.  He faced the road rather than me now, which I was grateful for.  When the ‘Go’ signal was given, the two cars shot off.  I knew the Nissan driver would win.  He had better tires, a better engine, and his car seemed in prime-condition.  The other driver had too much wheel-spin when he took off which was due to his bald tires.  I smiled when the Nissan crossed the finish line, way ahead of the Mustang.  The cars turned around, heading back down the road and to the area where cars waited to race.  The Nissan went back to the starting line though, waiting for his next opponent.  I avoided looking at him, not wanting to make embarrassing eye contact again.  I’m rather shy when it comes to meeting new people.  I can do it, I’m just not the one to typically initiate the conversation.

I watched the Nissan driver race the new opponent.  Mr. Hottie, which I now deemed the Nissan driver’s name, smoked the opponent.  I almost felt bad it was such a bad beating.  He liked revving his engine once in a while.  It made my heart race.  I wanted to drive that car myself.  Not that I would.  I didn’t have the courage to get behind the wheel of a car like that, but that didn’t stop me from thinking about it.  I mean, not only was this car a powerhouse, but the design was immaculate, from the silver paint to the two black stripes running down the middle, I was in love, and couldn’t help but admire the car. 

After six more drag races, Mr. Hottie retired.  Whether he quit for the rest of the night or was going to beat some more people later, I didn’t know.  Deciding I wanted to ask him about his car, to see all what he’d done to it, I maneuvered my way out of the crowd to the less dense crowd surrounding all the waiting cars.  I kept my head down, my hands in my pocket, and stuck to the shadows to attract the least amount of attention I could to myself.  I scanned the cars, searching for the Nissan.