Chapter 22

To the person who told me this story is terrible, told me it should be deleted, and reported the story on fanfiction. net, I will not be deleting this because I have enough people reading that enjoy it, and I care more about their opinions than I do yours.

For those of you who are following this story and are enjoying it and leaving your lovely reviews, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And for those of you don't like it and haven't left scathing reviews and moved onto stories you do like, you are also appreciated very much and there need to be more people on fanfiction websites like yourselves.

Okay, onwards!

Chapter Quote:
"Life's simple. You make choices and you don't look back."
~Han Lue

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 22

Jackson

The adults rushed to take Ember's body from Jace the moment we arrived at the safe house, barricading us all in a room so we couldn't see or hear anything going on. Sam had been silently sobbing non-stop with Brandon sitting next to her, arm wrapped around her shoulders as tears rolled down his face. Steve, Bucky, Wilson, and Braeden sat in the corner on the floor across the room from me, pure shock still etched on their faces. Then there was Jace who couldn't sit still but also couldn't move around. Every time he sat down, he'd get up a few seconds later, walk around, then he would sit back down for a few seconds, and repeat the process. Then there was me who just sat in numbness. I couldn't feel much of anything. There was too much shock of what I'd just seen.

Suddenly the door opened and Dom walked in. He had blood on his white shirt, making me slightly nauseous. At the sight of him, we stood up, all of us hoping for the impossible.

"Follow me. We have something to tell to you kids," Dom said gently, a tone completely out of character for him.

"Ember, is she alive?" Brandon asked, his voice surprisingly strong.

"She is. She's up and talking," Dom replied. "That's what we have to explain to you."

There was a mixture of total elation and total confusion. But all I cared about when I entered the dining room was Ember sitting on the edge of the counter, her feet dangling. She was in fresh clothes, her hair clean, and other than appearing a little pale, she seemed absolutely fine.

Her head turned when she heard us come into the room and with a flash of blonde hair, she threw her arms around Brandon who had been the closest to her. Suddenly I was engulfed in a hug, then Sam, then Jace who seemed reluctant to let her go so she could hug the rest of the team.

"What- how- you're alive?" Sam stammered. "But I saw you get shot. I saw you hit the ground."

"That's what we need to come clean about," Dom said

"That's what we need to come clean about," Dom said. We all turned to face him, as did Ember but she hung her head. I had a feeling she knew exactly what was going on and wasn't proud of what was about to be announced.