Chapter 17

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"I'm going to put a hurting on him so bad, he's gonna wish his mama kept her legs closed."
~Luke Hobbs, Furious 7
_____________________________________

Chapter 17

Brandon

When Ember and Jace didn't pick up their phones for the twentieth time in an hour, we got in our cars to go find them. Jackson hopped in with me while Elena got in with Sam. The last time Ember had texted me, she said Jace was driving around because he'd had a lot on his mind, that something really upsetting had happened to him and he needed some time to cool off. I was unable to fathom what could be so upsetting to Jace because outside of us, he didn't seem to have anyone that he cared that much about. I knew he hardly had any family he was close to so I couldn't see him being upset over a family member, but it was still a possibility.

"They left the hospital two hours ago so they could be anywhere within a 130-something mile radius. That does not narrow down the search," Jackson muttered, more to himself than to me.

"Is there any way we can track Ember's phone? Or Jace's? Ask Elena," I said. Jackson did as he was told and a couple minutes later informed that Elena was already working on it. I'm not sure how but she was able to triangulate something that let us get a general location of where they were supposed to be. It was in the Angeles National Forest. It was a big area to search but I hoped that Jace would've stayed on the west side.

"Hey Brandon?" Jackson queried.

"What?" I answered shortly.

"I'm sorry for what I said, about you not being Ember's brother. You are."

"Well someone had to fill in Jack's shoes when he was taken. Ember told me he was alive, that you knew him. Well tell him this for me. I love him like a brother, I always will, but that doesn't mean I'm not mad at him for not coming to us when we were so close to him, when we had a chance to help him. Ember's going crazy knowing her brother is alive but is unable to see him. I'm going crazy knowing that my best friend, my brother, is out there somewhere and I can't do jack shit to help him, and even worse, he doesn't want us to help. I don't know if he doesn't trust us because it's been so long or-"

"He trusts you," Jackson interrupted. "He doesn't trust what's going to happen to him though. He's not really expecting to make it out alive in this fight with Lynch."

"Well maybe he would if he came to us for help."

"He never even expected you to find out he was alive."

"How did he fathom that? Brian never stopped searching for him with Hobbs and if Lynch was so dead set on getting Ember, she would've found out through him about her brother anyways. So what's the real reason he's not coming forward to us?"

Jackson was silent for a few moments before he answered, "He's been involved with a lot of things he didn't want to be and he's embarrassed about that. He thinks you guys would be disappointed in him."

"