Chapter 10

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"So if you don't drift to win, what do you drift for?"
~Sean, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
________________________________________

Chapter 10

Jason

It hurt putting on my clothes in the morning, but at least it was my left arm and since I was right handed, I could still do most things. Dom picked me up so he could drive me back to his house. From there we hopped the back fence into the neighbor's yard. In the front of the house was Toyota Silverado. Dom told me to get in the back and lay down. I did as I was told.

"Welcome to the party," a voice said. I jumped, letting out a short 'Ahhh!' I heard Brandon snickering under a black blanket.

"Don't scare him. No one can know we're under here," Ember snapped from underneath a different blanket.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

"Going to a safe house. Our cars are waiting for us there. Now grab a blanket and cover yourself up. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

I lay down in the back of the truck bed and threw a blanket over me. On the ride to wherever our destination was, Ember explained that my suitcase was packed and at the destination. My car was there too, but unfortunately, I was having to leave that behind. Ember promised me that it'd be safe though. I would be riding in the car with Ember and Brandon. Mia would be driving Gina. Dom and Letty had their own cars. Roman would be driving Tej. Hobbs would meet us down in Rio at a later date.

Time passed slowly and I swear we'd been driving for an hour but it'd actually only been twenty minutes. A door was raised and then went back down.

"You three can come out now," Dom said. I threw the blanket off of me and looked around. We were in a very familiar garage. It took me a second to actually register where though.

"We're in your dad's garage?" I queried.

"You've been here?!" Brandon exclaimed.

"Yeah, Ember drove me here a few times. Which car are you taking?"

"The Chevy Impala. It's the only one that can fit all three of us comfortably. Besides, it has a lot of upgrades. It's pretty much the one I've been upgrading since I started racing. It needed the most. Now it could take on any of the cars in here with the chance of winning."

"All depends on the driver," Dom said, giving his niece a small smile.

At that moment, the garage door went up. Hobbs walked in. After shutting the door, he had us gather around a table. He took out six GPSs.

"Okay, listen up. There are two different routes. Dom and Ember, you two are taking the shortest route to get to Rio as soon as possible so you can get everything set up. I'll meet you down there with my team. Letty, Roman, and Mia, you three are taking the longer route. We're splitting up in case Lynch and his crew go after us. It's easier to take them separately than as one. They're stronger together; you guys are strong no matter what the situation." Hobbs handed each driver a GPS. "Rico and Tego will meet you down there as well. Dom, just give them a call once you arrive. Now, drive safe, drive fast, and I'll see you down south. And Ember?"

"Yes?"

"Try not to piss off any more psycho racers."

She smiled. "Yes sir."

"Let's move out! Dome leaves first, then Ember, then Letty, then Mia, then Roman. Wait ten minutes after the person before you leaves before you leave yourself." Hobbs eyed Roman. "Tej, watch him. Make sure he listens."