𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖭𝗂𝗇𝖾

"What? No, wait-" Lucas grabbed me as I was going go get up and grab the phone from Vincent

"Baby let us help," He sat me down on his lap gently, stroking my arms and laying a soft kiss on the back of my shoulder.

I did nothing but watched in horror as Vincent held the phone up to his ear, waiting for whoever on the other end to pick up.

"Leo," My blood ran cold, body tensing but Lucas just hugged me closer. "Cambio dei piani. Ho bisogno che tu mi aiuti con Gio oggi, ma dì a Ven di andare." He spoke in his native language, making my stress level edge higher as I had zero idea what he was saying, plus with his fast-pace speaking there was no way I would know even if I did know the language. [Change of plans. I need you to help with Gio today, but tell Ven to go.]

I gulped as I heard a voice on the other end talking. "Sì. Vieni stasera, ufficio mio." Was the last thing he said before he was slipping the phone back into his pocket and just staring in front of him for a moment. The room was silent, deadly silent and it made me more nervous than ever.

"You're staying here for a few days. Until this is settled," I stared at him with a more than worried look.

"W-What are you going to do?" He turned around with his hands in his pockets, a look in his eyes I've never seen before. That I've never seen in anybody before. It struck something within me.

Maybe fear?

He seemed to share the same glint with his brother when he looked towards him for a moment before stepping towards me.

His hand came up and grazed my cheek, stroking it softly with his thumb, "Nothing you need to worry about bunny," Lucas' grip tightened around me, kissing my shoulder again and I could feel the menacing smile against his lips.

"È passato un po' di tempo da quando ho avuto modo di picchiare a sangue qualcuno," Lucas muttered with a soft chuckle and I watched the corners of Vincent's lips tilt up but he didn't reply to whatever Lucas had said. [It's been awhile since I got to beat the shit out of someone]

"You got a hangover?" My eyes finally moved away from his as the growing pain in my head came back to my center attention. I nodded.

He slipped into the conjoined kitchen while Lucas turned me in his lap. His golden eyes took in my worried state on the verge of tears, and stroked my cheek gently while pushing the hair in my face behind my ear.

"Reyna, look at me," My eyes lifted onto his. "You're okay. He's never going to even get the chance to come near you again. We'll take care of everything, okay? All you have to do, baby, is relax." His thumb swept under my eye to catch the tear that escaped before it could barely fall.

I nodded and watched a small smile tug at his lips before he leaned in and kissed my forehead by the time Vincent was coming back with a glass of water and a few pills in his hand.