x. dig deeper pt. 2

(   X

(   X. DIG DEEPER. PART 2   )

TO SAY THAT AMELIE WAS TRAUMATIZED, was a definite understatement. The whole drive to Derek's apartment, she stared out of the window, her eyes staring into nothingness just trying to piece together what had happened just a few minutes ago. Lydia, as well, had gone through hell and decided to sit this one out; however, Amelie knew that sitting at home, constantly remembering the events would only torment her more. Going with Stiles and Scott seemed a better option,

"Derek?" Jennifer's voice alone made Amelie stiffen visibly, as she, Stiles and Scott hid behind a wall. She felt a hand reach for her own, and found Stiles looking at her through teary eyes. On top of it all, his father had been taken, which obviously ate at him. He had always talked about how he couldn't lose both his parents, and now he was almost a breath away from doing so. Tightly, she gripped his hand, offering him her best fake smile.

"Derek, where are you?"

"Right here," Derek's bored voice replied. "Thank God!" Jennifer sighed in relief. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles..." The blatant innocence in Jennifer's voice made Amelie want to puke. "They're gonna tell you things— things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise."

A quiet silence blanketed over them before Jennifer realized. "They're already here, aren't they?"

At those words, the three teenagers walked towards them. "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" Jennifer scoffed in disbelief ( the audacity of this woman ).

"We told him you're the one killing people," Scott snarled. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour— that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense."

"You said it yourself, bitch," Amelie sneered, and Scott held her forearm, making her step back.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, tears desperately falling down his sunken cheeks. "How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this?" She turned to the Alpha with wide eyes.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?"

"No!"

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," Amelie said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!"