xx. true leader

(   XX

(   XX. TRUE LEADER  )

THE FEELING OF BETRAYAL IS A VERY COMPLEX EMOTION, but nothing comes close to the feeling of betrayal when it's from a person you least expect. Now, Amelie knows— she knows this isn't Stiles. it's Void, but she can't help but curse out the boy's name when she wakes up in agonizing pain.

"You're awake," A voice rang in her head, making her grimace. The voice helped her up from the couch, giving her something to drink, which she willingly obeyed.

"What— What happened?"

"You've been out for a long time, Amelie," The soft voice of Deaton explained. "Here's some ice for your head."

Clutching the ice pack to her head, she slowly climbed off the couch. "Where's Stiles?" She asked Deaton who walked into the waiting room of the animal clinic. Reluctantly, she followed him to see Allison and Scott sitting there solemnly.

"He—" Scott hesitated. "He checked himself into Eichen House."

"I'm sorry," Amelie paused. "I must have a concussion if I just heard you say he checked himself into Eichen House."

"That's what I said," Scott nodded. "It's just 72 hours."

Amelie pursed her lips. "And out of all the places he could go, he chose the same place William Barrow was in?"

The phone rang, making them all glance warily at each other. They knew it wasn't Stiles, but still the feeling of impending doom just couldn't escape them.

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Deaton set the call to speaker, so that they could hear. With his eyes on the teenagers, he replied, "Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be."

"But we have two problems, now. First the lichen is not a cure— it'll wear off in a matter of days."

"Lichen?" Amelie asked confused. "Isn't that a poison?" Deaton nodded at the girl. "I poisoned the nogitsune inside of Stiles."

"But, while it does work, the Oni won't go after Stiles, right?" Argent said through the phone.

"I hope..." Deaton trailed off. "Eichen House has an unusual history. It might not be all that safe for the Oni there, as well."

"What's the second problem?"

"I checked with your contacts in Japan," Deaton explained. "The Yakuza boss you saw killed by the Oni never found the scroll."

"What scroll?" Scott furrowed his brows.

"A Shugendo scroll. The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan."