xix. deny, deny, deny

(   XIX

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(   XIX. DENY, DENY, DENY   )

     "OH, GOD!"

     The sound of Kira screaming down in the street echoed to them. Hurriedly, Derek, Amelie and Scott ran downstairs to the kitsune to help her. Amelie's heart jammed in its place, threatening to break open her rib cage. She ignored the bile that threatened to run out of her mouth, from exhaustion and panic.

     As soon as she reached the streets, Derek pulled her back. Furrowing her brows in confusion, she looked down to see water surrounding them— electrocuting water.

     "Isaac!" Amelie's scream ripped out of her throat the sight of her best friend, lying limp on the ground. The cable— almost as if it was alive, swung itself to face Kira, who grasped it with one hand warily, and covered it with the other. A gust of wind surrounded the kitsune, as her eyes flashed a wild orange color.

     Scott stared at her in wonder. When the water was deemed safe, Amelie and Derek didn't hesitate to run to Isaac. "Isaac?" Amelie whispered, bringing her face near to his. "He's not breathing," She told Derek quietly, then turned to Scott far away.

     "Scott, he's not breathing!"

🥰

     Amelie didn't expect to sleep over at the hospital again, only this time she had company. Next to her, Allison laid her head on her shoulder as she slept lightly. The anchor fluttered her eyes open at the sound of the elevator singing for what seemed the umpteenth time that night.

     "Have you been here all night?" Scott asked softly, when the girl turned to him softly. Bringing her hand to Allison's head, she woke her up. The huntress grimaced at the bright light of the hospital before turning to Scott and his mom.

     "They won't let us see him because we're not family," Amelie explained quietly. "I told them he doesn't have any."

     "He's got us," Melissa shrugged, along with raising a card. "And I've got a key card."

     Amelie and Allison, along with Scott, followed the nurse to Isaac's room. "Be quick," Melissa said firmly, before closing the door after them.

     "I thought he'd be healing by now," Allison murmured, as they approached the sleeping Isaac.

     "So did I."

     "Is he in pain?" Amelie asked, as she pushed the hair away from his face, careful not to touch the burns creeping up on his cheekbones. Hesitantly, Scott grasped Isaac's hand and closed his eyes tightly. Black veins appeared on the Alpha's arm as he started to gasp in pain, and Isaac shifted temporarily, before letting go.