lii. under the bleachers

(   LII. UNDER THE BLEACHERS   )

     AFTER HAVING A MINI MELTDOWN AT ARGENT'S PLACE, Amelie headed to the school, where the pack was getting for their plan. The coach was supposedly going to cancel the match right before it began, allowing them to prevent as much bloodshed as they could. The pack was hopeful, but the Anchor did not have a good feeling about this whatsoever. She stood between Stiles, who was dressed in his lacrosse uniform, and Malia.

     "Mason, you know your part?" Scott asked, nodding towards the boy.

     "Corey and I break into the Devenford bus and search their shoes," He replied.

     "I take out the TV vans," Malia nodded.

     "Right before the whistle, Coach forfeits the game," Stiles said, "The rest of us are looking for a size 10 with a bloody sole."

     Nervously, Amelie rolled on her heels, crossing her arms over her chest before saying, "Um, Just out of curiosity... What if it doesn't work? What if we have to go up against this thing? I mean, I think we all saw that thing. It's huge. And, last I remember, Scott is still healing."

     Kira smiled, "No, he's not."

     "What do you mean?"

     Smiling, Scott lifted up his shirt to reveal a healed stomach which made Amelie sigh with relief. "It happened the night we got Lydia out of Eichen House. I healed... when we were all okay again. When we were a pack."

     "The Beast doesn't have a pack," Liam encouraged.

     "Not like us," Scott agreed, "We can do this, guys. No one dies tonight."

     When they all separated, Amelie found Malia approaching her quietly, "You okay?" She asked.

     Amelie furrowed her brow, "Yeah, why?"

     "Your chemo-signals... You're angry," Malia pointed out.

     Sighing, Amelie shook her head, "It's nothing. Just my mom and her questionable morals. Are you?"

     Malia was quiet for a moment, trying to find the right thing to say before rolling her eyes, "She's still trying to kill me. We're just chasing each other at this point... I guess we are stuck with nut-job parents."

     "Couldn't have said it better, Mal," Amelie chuckled, "Thanks."

     "Of course."

     With that, the were-coyote walked away, smiling at Stiles, who was now walking up to Amelie, nose scrunched up with confusion. "Are you okay?"

     She nodded, as he grabbed her hand, caressing the back of it softly. "Do you want to talk?"

     "Later," She shook her head as he nodded in understanding and pulled her into a hug, to which her body relaxed into immediately. How did he always have this effect on her? She really didn't know. "I love you," She mumbled into his flannel, gripping it tightly.

     "I love you too, Ams."

🥰

     When Coach Finstock blew the whistle and the match began, Amelie knew things were turning for the worse. The match was supposed to be cancelled, but here they were, with Scott and Liam on the field and her and Stiles trying to find a solution.