xxix. confrontations

(   XXIX

( XXIX. CONFRONTATIONS )

     STILES STILINSKI LIKED TO CALL HIMSELF AN IDIOT. Now, he was relatively smart— he figured out a lot of supernatural issues that they stumbled upon. From Matt being the one controlling Jackson— the paralyzing Kanima— to the human sacrifices their english teacher was killing. He was also always suspicious of Peter, and with good reason! Peter was the one who bit Scott all those years ago and he manipulated Lydia into bringing him back from the dead, triggering her newly found Banshee powers... so, definitely with good reason.

     But, when it came down to what— or who— mattered most, Stiles Stilinski was incredibly dumb.

     He knew he messed up when he saw the betrayed look on Amelie's face the day she came to bid him farewell— but in his defense, he couldn't seem to understand what was going through her head. She had been gone for three months now and Stiles was going insane— the urge to call her and apologize growing stronger by the day. But, it all seemed to screech to a halt the night of a full moon where he was helping Malia with her control and Amelie burst through the basement door, a stunned and ( yet, again ) betrayed look crossing her features for a mere second before she ran away and Stiles could get the chance to yell for her to wait.

     He and Lydia stood in the sheriff's station, hoping they would finally confront Deputy Parrish— who was allegedly worth five million dollars— for what? They didn't know. As far as they knew, Parrish wasn't a werewolf or anything along those lines, so what the hell was he?

     The bell above the door rang, signaling someone entering. Stiles turned to look at the visitor only to puff out his cheeks in frustration at the sight of Amelie walking through the door, dressed in a floral dress with a leather jacket. He tried to ignore the french glow that emitted from her skin, showing that she had spent a majority of her holiday in the sun tanning... with Isaac.

     Their eyes met as soon as she found them. A flash of an unknown emotion flashed through her familiar brown eyes, ones that he missed and couldn't bring himself to admit it aloud. She pursed her lips in acknowledgment of the boy before turning to the strawberry blonde who watched the interaction with raised brows.

     "Did you tell him yet?" Amelie directed the question to Lydia making Stiles' shoulders drop.

     "Nope," Replied Lydia, popping the 'p.'

"Your dad should be back within the hour," Parrish approached the three teenagers, nodding to them with a smile. "You want to wait in his office?"

"Actually, we wanted to talk to you," Stiles trailed off.

"Privately."

Quirking a brow, Parrish gestured to Stilinski's office where Lydia gave him a copy for the second third of the Deadpool. "This is a hit-list?" Parrish asked, furrowing his brows as he read off the names.