xxxvii. senior scribe

(   XXXVII

( XXXVII. SENIOR SCRIBE )

A STORM WAS COMING FOR BEACON HILLS. Angry did the clouds come running across the grey sky— it would remind her of the stories her father would tell her as they bid goodnight. Stories of an army, coming on their horses for the damned souls walking the soiled ground filled with trust and compassion, coming to erase any trace of possibilities and memories.

Amelie watched the night sky through her bedroom window. The rain threatened to release itself, to hit her windows like a bucket of water being poured down the glass.

It had been a crazy summer, Amelie would say. From traveling to France for a few weeks with her boyfriend to spending her summer with her friends and finally making up with her mother— who had been taking the extra mile in ensuring her relationship with her daughters was better, and it was.

But now, it was time for Amelie to think about what she wanted to do with her life. What university would she be joining. It seemed strange to be thinking that way— just a few months ago, they were fighting a Deadpool that was threatening their lives. It seemed almost ironic.

But for how long? For how long would things be good— be so balanced?

Before her thoughts could take her elsewhere, her phone rang. Stiles had texted her that he arrived so she took her bag, that she'd gotten from Paris, and headed down the door, yelling a quick goodbye to her sister as she left.

"Wait!" The voice of Karly Nightly came yelling down the stairs and to the front porch where Amelie turned around expectantly. "You promised."

"Karly—"

"No, I want to meet him for real this time! You never let me talk to him!" Karly stomped her foot and crossing her arms on her chest like a child making her older sister scoff, "How are you a junior?"

"Come on!" Karly rolled her eyes, grabbing Amelie's hand and dragging her to the blue Jeep that sat waiting for them. Stiles' head popped out of the window with a bright smile, "Hey! Oh—"

"You must be the boy who's kidnapping my sister," Karly quirked a brow at the human boy who's eyes widened in surprise at the freshman. "Um, I wouldn't say kidnapping is a good word for that, actually," Stiles mumbled, "I think in a consented relationship is be a better alternative, uh—" turning to Amelie for help, who shrugged. Stepping forward, the girl pecked his lips resulting a gagging sound from Karly.

"Who are you?" Liam Dunbar leaned forward between the passenger and driver's seat, eyes on Karly.

"She is my sister and she's off limits, Dunbar," Amelie placed her hand on her sister's shoulder, "Keep your horny teenager self away from her."