xxi. stubborn maze

(   XXI

( XXI. STUBBORN MAZE )

AFTER FINDING OUT THAT STILES— OR VOID STILES— WAS SPOTTED IN SCHOOL, The anchor didn't hesitate to make her way to the Argent residence where Allison, her father, Stilinski and Derek were now plotting a plan to find him.

"This is everything non-lethal I could find," Allison said, gesturing to all the weapons on the table. A part of Amelie was scared they'd have to use weapons on Stiles at all. He didn't deserve this and she didn't want to even begin thinking of how Stiles was struggling with himself now.

"Take all of it."

"What's the plan, here?" Amelie asked shakily, her eyes planted on the weapons.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House— especially if he went through something stressful there," Argent explained.

"Should all four of us be going to the same place?" Stilinski asked to which Argent shrugged. "Where else has Stiles been showing up?"

"School... the hospital..."

"Okay, hold on— we did this already. He disappeared, we started looking for him... then walked right into a trap at the hospital," Derek interjected, crossing his arms over his chest.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves," Amelie said quietly.

     "So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?"

     "We can't. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down," Derek denied.

     "Scott's working on that right now with Kira."

     "That's the problem—" Argent tsked. "We're all trying to outfox the fox."

     "Listen... I'll understand if anyone wants to back out," Stilinski sighed with a sad tight smile receiving a scoff from Amelie. "I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear that."

     "I won't be the first wolf to run from a fox."

     "Apparently, I'm carrying a lightsaber..."

     "Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House," Allison instructed. "Amelie, Sheriff, it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Standing up, Amelie tried to shake off the nerves of revisiting the hospital— she's been there a few times since the incident but nothing happened so far. She wasn't going to stop just because of Matthew— especially when it's Stiles' life on the line.

🥰

     Standing in the elevator next to sheriff, who stood between her and Allison, Amelie tried to think about everything else but the feeling of impending doom weighing on her shoulders. She tried to think of Karly— how she wished she could tell her all of this. She tried to think of her dad— who would've been with them in this elevator right now, guiding her.