27

Lizzie
November 2020

Don't drink kids. It's not worth the hangover you'll feel the next morning.

This is what I tell myself every morning after drinking more than I should. And then, as though those words have never been uttered, I find myself with yet another bottle of whatever in my hand. When that happens what am I supposed to do? Decline? I don't think so.

I groan, twisting in the sheets as the sun shines in my bedroom. My head hurts more than it usually does after a party, meaning that I've gone well over my limits yesterday night. In addition to that, I only remember little bits of what happened.

I grab my phone to check the time, noticing that only Cameron and Davina texted me to ask me if I was okay. I reply with a quick 'yes, don't worry.' No texts from my parents.

After waiting for another twenty minutes, I eventually decide to get out of bed. My legs feel like jelly when I try to walk on them.

I notice I'm still wearing yesterday's dress, but when I look into the mirror I realize I don't have any makeup on. I go to the bathroom, finding makeup remover and used cotton discs. Oh, my... Did Aaron take my makeup off?

After relieving myself, I wash my face with cold water, brush my teeth, and slip on some comfortable clothes. Then, finally, I walk down the stairs and reach the kitchen.

There are some pancakes on the table with a little note.

I'm in the garage working out. Eat. Nate and Grace are out.
- Aaron

Gladly, I help myself and devour four pancakes with strawberry jam. I have to admit he's an excellent cook. After my fourth pancake, I drink some orange juice and take an aspirin.

I hear the door open with a creak, then close gently. Soft steps follow, so I decide to get out of the kitchen and reach whoever has come back. I find myself facing a tall figure and a powerful back. Aaron is not naked, but with that tight shirt, he might as well be.

I clear my throat. "Hey," I greet him, but he doesn't reply. I frown, then notice he has his Bluetooth earphones in. I stretch out a hand and take one out, making him turn around, confused. "Hey," I repeat.

Aaron glares at the earphone still in my hand. "Hi. Do you mind?" he asks, opening his wide hand to ask me to give him his earphone back.

I grin and put the object in my own ear, listening to... "Taylor Swift? Wow. This is unexpected," I admit.

As usual, he folds his arms, biceps nearly erupting from the shirt. "I like her music. And I'd like to have my thing back. Now."

I roll my eyes but comply. He takes it, but turns them both off and puts them back in their box, stopping the music with his phone. He starts walking away, probably going back to his bedroom, but I stop him. "Wait."

He looks down at me with a tired face. "What? I gotta shower."

"I just wanted to thank you... You know, for last night," I start, shrugging a shoulder. "And I also wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

"You know..." I leave the sentence hanging.

Aaron tilts his head. "Hmm, do I? Oh, wait, are you apologizing for calling me at one-thirty in the morning? Or maybe for trying to give me a handjob while I was driving? Or was it—"