32

Aaron
November 2020

I don't know who invented Saturdays, but God bless them.

I'm currently lying on my bed with my arms under my head, AirPods in, and a lit cigarette between my lips.

Grace doesn't like the fact that I've been smoking quite a lot lately. Before, it used to be an occasional thing to help me relax and distract my mind when I'm stressed. It's not my fault I'm stressed 24/7 now.

My calm afternoon is interrupted by my door being swung open by my best friend Logan, who storms inside my bedroom with a guilty grin on his face.

I frown intrigued, sitting up and blowing out my cigarette on the ashtray. "What did you do?"

Logan looks around the room, rocking on his heels. "Nothing..."

"Logan... What are you hiding behind your back?" I ask, tilting my head.

He looks around and closes the door, giggling. "I've brought you... A gift!"

I sigh. "For the last time, Logan, I don't want a pair of pink handcuffs."

He shakes his head. "No, no! This time it's a nice gift. For the both of us."

I quirk a brow. "What is it?"

He giggles again like a weirdo. "Ta-da!"

He shows me a package of... "Weed? Really?"

"Yes! It wasn't easy to get, but who wouldn't sell something to a cute face like mine?" Logan replies, pulling out his bottom lip like a little kid.

"Any sane person," I answer.

Logan rolls his eyes at me and comes to sit next to me. "Your room stinks of smoke, by the way."

"Does it?"

"Eh, a little," he tells me, shrugging a shoulder. I decide to open the window.

As I do that, I notice that someone's in the pool. "Isn't it a bit cold to swim?" I shout, making her gasp in surprise.

Lizzie looks up at me, squinting her eyes, and shows me her middle finger. "Suck my dick," she replies.

"You first!" Grinning, I pull back inside, earning a glare from Logan. "What?" I ask him.

He sighs. "You're a jerk. And you're so whipped."

I scowl. "Not true. I didn't like her before, and I certainly don't like her now. What she did—"

"Was fucked up and made you all paranoid and shit. Fine. We got it." Well, that's one way to put it. Always so kind with his words, isn't he? "But come on, dude. You clearly like her. A lot. Just suck it up and give her another chance."

I close my eyes. "No."

Suddenly, Logan shoves me. "Stop being so stubborn! You've been a dick to her ever since she got here, and yet you think you have the right to be the angry one? Jesus Christ, dude."

I blink, sulking. "I'm sorry, when did this become your problem?" I sarcastically ask.

"Since you fell for Miss. California here, my dear Aaron," he answers, preparing the weed on my desk. "Here's what's gonna happen. You'll roll this for me, we'll smoke it together, then you'll be a man and go tell her that all is forgiven."

"All isn't forgiven."

"Yes, it is. Listen to Uncle Logan."

I sigh, sitting on my bed again after pacing around the room. "Sometimes I think dating guys might be easier. At least I'd understand them."