Epilogue

– Six years later –

Aaron proposed to Lizzie three years ago while they were stargazing. She'd burst into tears and said yes without hesitation.

After their date on the day of their reunion, they'd realized that maybe they could give it another shot. When Lizzie had broken up with him when they were eighteen, Aaron had started going to therapy. It was Grace's idea, and he couldn't refuse.

As it turned out, therapy helped him a lot. He regained the ability of saying Jenny's name without having a panic attack, and he'd used the first letter of her name to name his best friend and partner, Jay. 

Lizzie left Reed's clinic to move to Canada with Aaron. Reed had been sad when she told him the news, but they promised to stay in touch.
And they did. In fact, they both went to each other's weddings.

Reed's wedding was only the first of many. Logan and Archie said their vows two years ago, and Nate and Cameron decided to become official by law five years ago. They'd wanted to get married sooner, but after she found out she was pregnant a couple of months after Lizzie left Canada ages ago, they'd had a lot on their plate.

But now everyone had settled. Even Davina met an exuberant girl in college. She didn't want to get married, but everyone is convinced that it'll happen soon. 

So, everything went for the best. Lizzie and Aaron bought their house, they work jobs they love, and they decided they were ready to widen their family.

Lizzie gave birth to Jane Taylor Kingsford a year ago. She came into this world with Lizzie's dark hair and Aaron's green eyes. The first time Aaron held her he cried.

He didn't think he'd make a good father, but now that they're all together in the backyard of their house, with music playing, Lizzie on a chair with a book and Aaron in the pool with Jane, Lizzie can't believe he ever doubted himself.

Jane adores him. He's holding her while he makes her swim in the pool, smiling broadly at her. "Good job, Jenny. You're an amazing little swimmer, huh?"

Jane giggles, clapping her hands. "Dada," she mumbles, squeezing his cheeks.

I laugh at the scene, standing up from my chair to walk up to them. I rub Jay behind his greying ears, and he slowly follows me to the pool. I sit with my legs inside the water.

Aaron turns Jane and points at me. "Look who's there, Jenny."

She stretches her chubby hands out to get me. "Mama," she calls me, bubbly. I pick her up and ease her on my leg. She clings to me, playing with my hair.

I kiss the top of her head. "Hi, sweetheart," I tell her. Aaron stares at us, smiling. He stands between my legs, tilting his chin upwards. I grin. "And hello to you too, sweetheart." I lean in, kissing him.

"Hmm, hi," he says on my mouth, happy. "How are you feeling?" he asks, brushing his hand on my thigh.

"I'm all right. Definitely better than I was this morning," I tell him.

He hums. "Our little man is already giving you a hard time," he says, kissing my slightly bloated belly.

"He is. But it's worth it," I reply, rubbing my baby bump. I can't say he was planned, but when I found out I was pregnant again, I was so happy.
We don't know if it's a boy yet, but we like to think it is, though we don't have a name planned yet.