Chapter Eighteen: C'mon

What would my head be like

If not for my shoulders

Or without your smile

May it follow you forever

May it never leave you

To sleep in the stone, may we

Stay lost on our way home

C'mon, c'mon, with everything falling down around me

I'd like to believe in all the possibilities

~"C'mon" by Panic! At The Disco with fun. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: This is the chapter all of you have been waiting for.)

Dedicated to @awsomeee for making this amazingly beautiful banner :)

Chapter Eighteen: C'mon

"It's so beautiful, Cindy," I said, staring out the window the rental car. The green pine trees along the road were laced with snow, making everything seem so fragile yet beautiful.

It had been a month since the "incident" with Everett. Sure, I'd seen him around- he'd been moping everywhere. People at school were starting to talk- some even making up rumors about him battling depression and a drug addiction. My parents and I were currently driving with the Evans family up to their cabin. It was winter break, and we were originally supposed go for Christmas and New Years, but the snow was so bad that no flights could get in. It cleared up later that week, so we all decided that spending New Years up there would be just as good.

Our plane had landed in Denver about an hour ago, it was just the process of driving the three hours into the mountains to the cabin. I was wedged in the very back seat of the SUV we had rented between none other than Everett and Piper (she had come to spend New Years with her mom and brother). Piper had engaged in some conversation with me, while Everett just had his earphones in the whole time. I had heard he broke up with Heather a little after the incident, a little bit before he showed up at my door.

"I know," she replied from the passenger's seat, looking out the window herself. "That's the reason we bought a cabin out here- the mountains are absolutely breathtaking."

The next two hours of driving were quiet, but not at all awkward or boring. As we drove farther into the mountains, the views became even more beautiful. When we got to the cabin, I was completely awed.

The cabin had a rustic log structure, but was big enough to fit everyone on our trip and more. The house had a wrap around porch with patio furniture all along. From what I could see, there was a deck in the back, a place I felt I would be spending a lot of time.

We all piled out of the car, everyone eager to stretch out their legs. It was sad that Mark couldn't come with us, but he had promised his mother he would spend the holidays with her. I followed Piper as she got out and grabbed my bag, as well as her own. We immediately headed towards the house, where Jonathan was unlocking the door.

"Piper, do you mind giving Kennedy a tour? Your mother and I need to go grocery shopping," Jonathan said, walking in and dropping his bag off.

"Sure, Jon," she replied, pulling me into the house. The foyer had a very woodsy feel to it, and I almost didn't notice my brother coming in the door behind me.

"Nice isn't it?" he said, and I turned around in surprise. I hugged Landon tight- I hadn't seen him in nearly three months. Even though we'd had some "disagreements" the last time we'd seen each other, he was still my brother and I still loved to see him.