Epilogue

Baby, you're hands down the best thing about me

And baby, I don't know where I was

But I'm so glad you found me

~ "Hands Down" by The Greeting Committee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: GSU= Georgia Southern University)

Epilogue

"Kenna," a voice breathed, and I could soon feel a hand on my shoulder. As I opened my eyes, I saw Ellie above me, shaking me slightly with a worried look on her face. "Your shift at Flo's starts in half an hour."

I sat up in my bed, stretching my arms up above my head. I looked at the clock and saw that she was right- I'd better get my ass up and out of bed if I didn't want to piss of my boss. I should probably explain a little. It was nearing the end of my freshman year of college- finals week to be exact. Ellie and I had somehow ended up sharing a dorm room together, which somehow made the move to GSU a little less scary. I was headed to my last shift as a waitress at Flo's Diner in town- at least for the school year.

As I got dressed, I looked at my phone sitting on my nightstand, I saw that while I was asleep I had missed a call from Everett. I smiled, and decided I'd give him a call on the walk to work. When I was finished getting ready, I said my goodbyes to Ellie, and headed out the door. As soon as I was out the door of my dorm, I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed Everett's number. It rang three times before he picked up.

"Hey sunshine," he breathed, and a smile spread across my face at the sound of his voice. I hadn't seen him since we both went home for Christmas, and I missed him like hell. We had been together for a year and a half, and even with long distance, we were doing well. Sure, we had our ups and downs, but I knew I was lucky to have him in my life.

"Hey babe," I replied as I made my way to the diner. The town where my college was located was small, so it was quite easy for me to walk from campus to the diner that was right off of campus. "Sorry I didn't answer earlier, I wanted to take a nap before my shift tonight."

"It's okay, I just wanted to see how my girl was doing," he replied, which brought a smile to my face. I never thought dating Everett would lead to having a cocky yet caring guy by my side. But that's what I got/

"How were your finals?" I asked. Everett had finished his finals the week before, so he was due to head back home soon.

"Good, good. I've got my stuff all packed up and I'm planning on heading back to San Antonio tomorrow," he said, and I was extremely jealous of him. I was dying to go back home to see my family and friends, as well as my boyfriend.

"Lucky," I said, and he chuckled. "I can't wait to see you."

"I know, I know, you love and miss me so much," he said, the cocky side of him coming out. "But I can't wait to see you either."

"I can't believe we did it. A year of long distance and we survived it," I said. "And next year you're transferring here." Everett had surprised me a month ago over FaceTime that he had made the decision to transfer to GSU. Though I told him he shouldn't transfer just for my sake, but he promised me they had a great soccer program and I was just an added bonus.

"You make it all worth the struggle," he replied, and my heart melted at that. I was approaching the dinner, so I decided to end the call.

"I'm about to walk into work, so I've got to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow?" I said, opening the back door to the diner and walking in.

"Of course. I love you," He said as I put my bag down in the back and found my apron.

"Love you too. Bye," I replied and hung up the phone. After I put my phone away, before heading to the front of the diner. There I found the famous Flo, the owner of the diner, sitting at the register. I walked over to her, greeting her. She was a sweet woman in her forties, whose pride and joy was the diner. She wasn't married and didn't have any children, but the diner was her baby. And she treated her employees like her own children, and we had grown quite close over the course of the school year. I was definitely sad to be leaving.

"Hey Flo," I said, and she looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey darlin'," she said in her thick, southern drawl. "Do you mind working section two tonight? There's a young gentleman at table four that asked specifically for you."

"Yeah, no problem," I said, tying my apron around my waist and taking my notepad, heading over to table four, like Flo asked me to. It wasn't that weird for people to ask for me- it was usually guy friends or sometimes the regulars I had become friends with. I got to the table, and didn't look up from my notepad as I spoke. "Hi, my name is Kennedy. What can I do for you today?"

"I just want you, sunshine," the voice said, and I looked away from my notepad to look at him.

"What are you doing here, Everett?" I asked excitedly, and practically jumped into his arms when he stood up.

"I finished school and I just needed to see you," he said as if it was the most simple thing in the world. "I couldn't wait another week to see my girl."

I pulled him in for a kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled away, and pressed my forehead against his.

"I love you, Everett," I said, a smile creeping onto my face.

"And I love you, sunshine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is the end. BTB is officially over and done with and honestly it's bittersweet. I've never completed a story before and this one has been my baby for a little over two years. And though I'm happy it's over and done with, I'll still be sad that this huge part of my life is over and done with. Thank you guys so much for taking this journey with me. Thank you for the 19.1k reads and all of the comments and feedback you guys have left me, and thank you guys for just being here in general. Whether you've been with me from the beginning or you're just now here honestly I can't thank you enough for all of the love and support BTB has gotten over the years. You guys are fucking amazing. 

I will be posting the sequel with the extended summary and such, and hopefully I'll be able to put together the prologue sometime either this weekend or over the next week. 

Also, something I think I want to start is in each authors note, I want to ask you a question so I could maybe get to know you guys a little better :) 

First question: Where are you guys from? From the demographics I looked at, there are some of you from all over the world. So yeah, where are you guys from? (if in US what state?) 

Again, thank you guys so much for everything.