Chapter Nine

Then think of what you did

And how I hope to God he was worth it

When the lights are dim and your heart is racing

As your fingers touch your skin

~”Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off” by Panic! at the Disco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Nine" Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

♥ Kennedy Everson ♥

After the dance, the rest of homecoming weekend was uneventful. Mark dropped me off at my house around 1 am, and Landon was a little pissed off I got home late. On Sunday, I slept in until noon, and went over to Mark’s house to spend time with him. We just hung around his house and watched movies, enjoying our time together.  Everett was coming and going through the house throughout the day, and had a confusing look on his face whenever he looked at me. You’re just being paranoid. Everett’s just being his normal moody self.

When I entered the school doors on Monday, and my best friends were all waiting for me at my locker.

“Hey, your highness,” Evie greeted, a stupid smile on her face.

“Hey. How’s the rest of you guys’ weekends?” I asked as I opened my locker.

“Pretty awesome. Hunter asked me to be his girlfriend!” Evie gushed, making me smile at her like a complete idiot.

“That’s great Ev!” I replied, wrapping her in a hug. After I released her, I turned my attention to Seth, who had his arm snaked around Ellie’s waist. “Did you guys have a good rest of your weekend?”

“Yeah. We spent Sunday together and just hung out,” Seth replied, a smile on his face.

“Cool. Mark and I did the same thing,” I replied, and once I finished talking, I could feel to strong arms wrap around my waist, and a chin rest on my shoulder.

“Hey beautiful,” Mark whispered into my ear, making my stomach erupt with butterflies.

“Hey yourself,” I replied, turning around to kiss him. I pecked his lips before turning towards my friends. He stood next to me, and wrapped in arms around my waist. i was about to jump back into the conversation, until the bell rang.

“Evie, we’ve got to get to class,” I stated, grabbing her arm. I was about to start walking to my Physics class until a hand wrapped around my arm.