Chapter Six: Nicotine

I taste you on my lips, I can’t get rid of you.

So I say damn your kiss and the awful things you do.

~ “Nicotine” by Panic! at the Disco

Chapter Six

After my little ‘conversation’ with Everett, I quickly bolted up to my room to talk to Evie. I entered my bedroom, to find her sprawled across my bed. I made the decision to wake her up quite forcefully, by jumping up and down on my bed.

“Ugh, five more minutes,” she mumbled, burying her face in her pillow.

“Come on, I need to talk to you about something but Everett’s here,” I whined, smacking her with a pillow.

“But your bed. It’s just so damn comfortable,” she retorted.

“I’ll buy you breakfast,” I stated, with that, Evie shot out of bed, and headed to the bathroom to get cleaned up. I picked out an outfit consisting of:a short sleeved pink crop top, dark blue denim shorts, pink gladiator sandals, and a jumble of pink bracelets . To add a little color, I grabbed messenger-style bag, and fish-tail braided my hair.

When Evie exited the bathroom, she gravitated to the closet to pick an outfit. She ended up picking out a floral print sundress, a denim skirt she left unbuttoned but tied at the bottom,and light pink wedges. We descended down the stairs towards the kitchen, only to find Everett pigging out on some bacon and eggs. We tried to sneak out the door, but Evie kind of ruined it when she whispered to me, “Why is he here?”

“He just showed up and let my brother borrow his car,” I replied, and we were just about out when we a voice in the kitchen.

“Where are you guys going?” He asked, entering the living room.

“Well, Evie lives just down the block, so we were going to get her car from her house, and then call a tow to pick up my car at school, and then get something to eat,” I replied, and tried again to slip out the door.

“Can I come?” He asked, whining like a little kid.

“No. We need a girl’s day,” I stated. I tried yet again to get out the door, and this time I was successful. Next thing I knew, I was walking down the street with Evie towards her house. We were side-by-side, an awkward silence evident between us.

“I’m sorry about acting like a complete idiot and making everything awkward last night when we got out to the car. I tend to get out of control when I drink a lot,” I stated.

“Kennedy, it’s not the end of the world. You were already forgiven,” she replied, and slowly wrapped her arms around me. It’s crazy how close I’ve gotten to Evie, Ellie, and Seth in these past weeks. I’ve even become close to Everett, as crazy as it sounds.

Boring to BeautifulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara