Chapter Four: Crush Crush Crush

I noticed your eyes are always glued to me

Keeping them here

And it makes no sense at all.

~"Crush Crush Crush" by Paramore

Chapter Four: Crush Crush Crush

It was nearing the end of the week when Evie and Ellie finally came back to school from being sick. We all decided to eat lunch at school that day, and Mark sat at our table. He seemed to get along really well with my friends, and the whole time I had butterflies in my stomach.

    When it was time to go to class, Mark kissed my temple before getting up, leaving me alone with my friends.

    “You guys are so cute together!” Evie squealed.

    “I know! And you guys would have such cute babies!” Ellie added, making me laugh.

    “Ellie, they just started dating. They aren’t talking about what their babies would look like,” Seth intervened.

    “Thank you, Seth. I have to get to English, so I’ll see you guys later?” I asked, and they nodded. They all had a free period after lunch, so they could just lounge around.

    I practically sprinted to my locker so I wouldn’t be late to class, and when I got there, a certain soccer player was standing right by it.

    “No need to run to me, babe. I’m not going anywhere,” he commented, a smirk plastered on his face. But all heard was him calling me ‘babe.’

    “What do you want?” I asked, annoyed.

    “I told my mom both your parents were out of town, and she invited you to come have dinner at our house tonight,” he replied nonchalantly.

    ‘Oh, cool. What time?” I asked, grabbing the book we’re reading for English, Night by Elie Wiesel.

    “Around seven,” he replied, but continued. “But she wants to do something with you before that, so I’ll drive you there after soccer practice.”

    “I can just get Mark to drive me,” I stated, closing my locker and started walking to class.

    “See , the thing is, he’s leaving to visit his mom for the weekend, so it will just be you, my mom, and I,” he replied, and I searched his eyes for signs that he was lying. He wasn’t.

    “You want me to spend time alone with your mom?” I asked, in shock.

    “Yeah. Why do you sound surprised that I would do that?” he asked me.

    “Because when you leave your mother alone with a girl, the mother tends to tell every embarrassing story about their child. Trust me, I’ve been there before,” I replied, replaying the memories from when I met Ryan’s parents.