Christmas Special- All of the Stars

And I know these scars will bleed

But both of our hearts believe

All of these stars will guide us home

~"All Of The Stars" by Ed Sheeran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Special- All Of The Stars

Seth's POV

As I walked up the front porch of Ellie's father's house, my mind raced. Would he like me? What would he say about me?

Even though Ellie and I had been dating for nine months, I hadn't met her father yet. He lived nearly two hours out of town, and Ellie only ever saw him during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was currently Christmas Eve, and the two of us were having Christmas dinner with her father.

I made my way to the front door, and rang the doorbell. Ellie answered, and gave me a small smile when she saw me. She was wearing a white halter dress, a cream colored cardigan, and cream colored flats. She had on a pair of what looked like to be pearl earrings, and red lipstick, which drove me crazy.

"Hey you," she said, drawing me from my trance. She had a light blush across her pale cheeks, and I could tell it was because I had been staring.

"You look beautiful," I whispered, pressing my lips to hers for a quick kiss.

"I love you," she whispered back, pressing my forehead against her own.

"I love you too," I replied, and pressed another kiss to her forehead. "Now, let's get in there so I can get the 'meeting the parent' thing over with."

When we enter the house, I could immediately smell the ham cooking in the oven. Out of the kitchen came a woman in her mid forties, and I assumed this was Ellie's stepmother, Sarah. She placed the dish she was holding onto the dining room table, and came over to greet us.

"Hello! You must be... Sam?" She asked, trying to correctly remember my name.

"It's Seth. It's nice to meet you, Mrs.
Wright," I replied, shaking her hand.

"Call me Sarah. Mrs. Wright makes me feel so old," she stated, sending me a smile. "Why don't we head into the lounge room and I'll serve you kids some drinks?"

"Sure," I replied, and headed to where she was heading. Both Ellie and Sarah were ahead of me, and I could hear Sarah whisper,

"I can't believe he's real. When you talked about him, I thought, why would someone that perfect date someone like you?"

When we were sitting in the lounge room and Sarah had left for drinks, I set my hand on Ellie's knee to get her attention. "What did she say to you?"

"Nothing," she replied, but by the way she was avoiding eye contact, I could tell she was lying.

"El, I heard what she said. Is she always like that?" I asked, rubbing her back soothingly with my other hand.

"Yeah, but today she's being extra judgemental. All day today I've heard, 'are you sure this boy's real? Are you sure he not just party of your imagination?'" She ranted, and I could tell she was getting angry.

"Just ignore her. It's her loss she hasn't noticed that you're not lucky to have me, I'm lucky to have you," I replied, kissing her temple and pulling her close.

"Why are you so good to me?" She asked, looking me in the eye.

"You're my princess, you deserve nothing but the best," I reply, pulling her closer.

"Kids! Dinner's ready!" Sarah called from the dining room. I got up first, and offered a hand to Ellie. She took it, and once she was up, I wrapped my arm around her waist, and pulled her along with me. She had a frown etched onto her face, and I could tell she wasn't very pleased to have to sit through this. Ellie's father, Patrick, sat at the head of the table, with Sarah on one side and two places, which I prusumed were for Ellie and I, were on the other side. We both took our seats, and I took Ellie's hand under the table.