Chapter Eight: Hung Up

Girl, how'd you get me hooked like this?

One look, one touch, one kiss, one chick

And then I can't resist

~ “Hung Up” by Hot Chelle Rae

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eight

Saturday finally came. Homecoming. I woke up at nine a.m. that day, and jumped in the shower so I would have time to get ready for the game. When I got out, I blow dried my hair and curled it, leaving me with soft curls. I changed into my outfit for the day- a black crop top with the words “YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US” on the front, white skinny jeans, and brown leather gladiator sandals. I quickly did my makeup, grabbed my sunglasses, and headed down the stairs. I stopped in the kitchen to see Landon on his computer, typing.

“Hey big bro!” I exclaimed, running to the fridge to get an ice coffee and a muffin.

“Hey,” he replied, looking up at me for only a second. “Where you going?”

“Homecoming game. By the way, after the game, my friends are coming over so we can get ready together,” I replied, heading out the door.

“Ok! See you when you get back!” he yelled as I front the door. I climbed into the car, started it, to be greeted with blasting music.

The sun goes down like a photograph

You try to stop time in the aftermath

But it’s gone, gone

Yesterday reads like a tragedy

I try not to lose what’s left of me

But it’s gone

Yeah, but we carry on

We are fire

Burning brightly

You and I

We light the sky

When we ignite

When we come alive

When we come alive”

I was belting out the lyrics to my current favorite song, “When We Come Alive” by Switchfoot. When I pulled up to the school, I quickly parked and hopped out of the car when I saw Mark’s car. I crossed the parking lot towards him, where he was in conversation with Everett and Heather.

“Hey guys,” I announced to them, and they all turned their attention to me. Heather reached out give me a hug, and when she was done. Mark pulled himself to me so I could kiss him. I quickly pecked his lips, and after, he pulled me to his side, wrapping his arm around my waist.