Chapter Eleven: Ready to Go

You've got these little things,

That you've been running from.

You either love it or guess you don't.

You're such a pretty thing,

To be running from anyone.

A vision with nowhere to go.

~”Ready to Go (Get Me Out of My Mind)” by Panic! at the Disco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eleven: Ready to Go

♥ Kennedy Everson POV ♥

My eyelids slowly fluttered open, to reveal a ray of late morning light shone through the window. I tilted my head, noticing a naked chest positioned in front of me, with an arm lazily slung onto my waist. I tried to roll out of the bed, but the arm held me tighter. I looked up at the face that the arm belonged to, and I was surprised to see Everett. But as I began to piece together how I had ended up in his room, last night’s memory came to me. Meeting Piper. The thunder storm. Mark leaving. Going to Everett for comfort. I must have fallen asleep in here, I thought to myself.

SInce Everett wasn’t budging, I laid next to him, studying his features. His perfect brown hair was disheveled, and he looked so peaceful in his sleep. A stray piece of hair was falling into his forehead, and I was about to push it back, when Everett’s eyes fluttered open. He stared my hand that was halfway raised in the air, and cocked an eyebrow.

“Can’t keep you hands off me, now can you, Kenna?” he asked, looking at me with his usual smirk plastered on his face.

“No, I was going to get up, but your fat arm was on top of me,” I replied, copying his own smirk.

“Are you calling me fat?” he asked, a hint of mock offense in his voice.

“Yes. Yes I am,” I replied, and he loosened his grip. I took this as my opportunity of escape. I slid off the bed, and made my way towards the kitchen. Cindy was shuffling around, looking for ingredients.

“Good morning, Cindy,” I stated, and when she turned, I showed her a genuine smile.

“Oh, good morning, Kennedy,” she replied, returning the smile. “Oh, by the way, your mother called. She’s looking for you.”

“Oh, thanks. I’ll go call her right now,” I stated, and made my way back up the stairs, and towards the guestroom I was staying in. I pulled my phone out, and quickly dialed my mother’s number. She picked up after two rings.

“Kennedy?” she asked, sounding a little bit worried.

“I’m here. What’s up?” I asked, a little bit concerned of the reason she was calling me.

Boring to Beautifulजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें