Chapter Ten: Holy Ground

Spinning like a girl in a brand new dress

We had this big wide city all to ourselves

We blocked the noise with the sound of ‘I need you’

And for the first time I had something to lose

~”Holy Ground” by Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Mini A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my friend, XxMegan_NicolexX because she gave this book a chance, and I really appreciated it)

Chapter Ten: Holy Ground

When the first week of November rolled around, it had been two weeks since my study date with Everett. He ended up getting a B+, saving him from riding the bench at the game. Him and Heather were also going strong. She had told me that had been on three dates, and he was a perfect gentleman on every one of them.

One Friday afternoon, I was riding home from school, in Mark’s car. Since we had been dating a little over a month, he insisted that he do it because ‘it’s what good boyfriends do’. Not that I was complaining. So, he was driving me home, when he asked me a question.

“I know your parents are out of town right now, so Cindy offered for you stay at the house this weekend,” he stated, looking over at me briefly, before turning back to the road.

“Oh, that would be awesome! Do mind swinging by my house so I could grab some stuff?” I asked, and he nodded as a smile spread across his face.

I entered my house, only to be greeted with an eerie silence. I dashed up the stair towards my room, where I packed a bag. I grabbed some clothes for Saturday and Sunday, pajamas, and my toiletries. I made my way back down the stairs, to find Mark sitting on the couch. “Ready to go?’”

“Yeah, let’s go,” I replied, grasping his hand. We made our way to the car, where he made an effort to be a gentleman and opened the door for me.

When we got to his house, I looked into the driveway to see Cindy and Everett’s cars missing. “Where’s Cindy and Everett?” I asked.

“They went to go pick up Piper from the airport,” he casually replied, before getting out and opening my door for me.

“Who’s Piper?” I asked, totally confused.

“Oh, sorry, I totally forgot. Piper is Everett’s fraternal twin. When their parent’s split up, she decided to live with their dad, and Everett would stay here with his mom. Now, Piper flies out on all the major holidays, and Everett’s spends the summers in Florida with them,” he explained, and I felt a little disappointed that I didn’t know that. I mean, I knew the story behind the girl who broke his heart, but I didn’t know about his twin.