Chapter Twelve: Young Volcanoes

Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds,

It's all over now before it has begun,

We've already won.

We are wild, we are like young volcanoes

We are wild, Americana, exotica

Do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby?

Oh!

~”Young Volcanoes” by Fall Out Boy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Dedicated to _thegirlsonfire_ because it's my new collab account with Fire_Lighter! Go check it out and read the first chapter of our new book, "The Way I Loved You". Also, when a message says, “PLAY SONG”, play the song to the side --->)

Chapter Twelve:  Young Volcanoes

Once it was time for us to get ready, Charlotte hopped in the shower, while I debated about what I should wear. I decided on something a little different-  a sleeveless pink peplum top, black skinny jeans, and black mary jane wedges. After that, I curled my hair, and did my makeup. I finished it off with a peach colored lipstick. I as I was getting dressed, Charlotte emerged from the bathroom. She was wearing a black cropped tank top with daisies on it, blue high waisted shorts, and a knitted cardigan. She also had on a pair of black vans and a gray beanie. “Ready?” I asked, right as I got the text from Evie telling us she was here.

We headed down the stairs to see my mother in her office, typing on her laptop. “Mom, Charlotte and I are going out, okay?” I asked, and she just looked up from her paper for a minute before nodding.

We exited the house to find Evie’s car idling on the street. We piled into the back seat, to hear Evie blasting some pop song and singing along.

Yeah so tell me girl if everytime we…

Tou-ou-ouch you get this kinda ru-u-ush

Baby say yeah a yeah a yeah, yeah a yeah

If you don't wanna take it slow

And you just wanna take me home

Baby say yeah a yeah a yeah, yeah a yeah

And let me kiss you”