Chapter Seventeen: All I Ever Wanted

I can tell you that you're all I've ever wanted, dear

Through the dim while you're breathing, while you're sleeping in here

Waken and you ask me if I'm going to be here forever, forever, forever

Your face so twisted and your eyes are light

I want to tell I can save you when you cry at night

But I'd be lying

Love is defying

~”All I Ever Wanted” by The Airborne Toxic Event

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: For any of you who are getting annoyed with the alternating POV chapters, it’s going to be the last one for a while, I promise.)

And please read the author's note at the end. 

Chapter Seventeen: All I Ever Wanted

Everett Jenkins’ POV

“Everett!” Brianna called as she entered the house without even knocking. I immediately pulled her into a kiss, ignoring all thoughts of doubt. She immediately kissed me back, pulling on the hair in the back of my neck. I ran my hands down her waist, my mind racing.

Just pretend it’s sunshine, I thought to myself, pulling Brianna with me up to my room. “I knew you’d come crawling back,” she whispered, but I shut her up with a kiss. I maneuvered our way to the bed, before taking my shirt off and pushing her on it. She pulled her own shirt off as well, and I kissed her again. She had a smirk on her face, like she won some kind of contest. I hovered over her, moving to kiss her neck. Why am I not having any fun?

I heard footsteps below us, but I figured it was Mark and ignored it. My lips went back to Brianna’s but I could hear someone outside my door. I continued to ignore it, but the voice I heard broke me.

“Everett?” she called, the girl who could break me into a million pieces with just the call of my name. I hopped off of Brianna, and she shot me a look of annoyance.

“Kenna!” I yelled as I ran down the stairs.She was already halfway to the door when I stopped her and grabbed her small wrist.

“Let me go,” she said, and tried to twist her wrists out of my grip. Her voice was cold and void, the opposite its usual carefree and warm tone.

“Sunshine,” I started, hoping the nickname would calm her down. I could see the tears running down her beautiful face.