Chapter Two: Nobody Compares

'Cause no one ever looked so good

In a dress and it hurts, 'cause I know you won't be mine tonight.

~"Nobody Compares" by One Direction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Chapter Two: Nobody Compares

    The rest of the week passed with little struggle. I sat with Evie, Seth, and Ellie at lunch everyday and even went to Ellie’s house with Evie and Ellie on Friday.

    “So, what are we doing tonight?” I asked, hoping for a Netflix marathon.

    “Well, this guy Daniel is having a party tonight, so I figured we could go?” Evie asked, looking towards me for approval.

    “Sounds fun,” I replied, a little bit nervous. This was going to be my first real party.

    “Cool. I’ll text Seth and tell him to pick us up,” Ellie tated, picking up her phone and texting who I presumed was Seth.

    “Okay, well, you can take a shower and I can do your hair and makeup if you want?” Evie asked me.

    “Yeah. That would be awesome,” I replied,and I hopped in the shower.

    When I was done, I let Evie blow dry my hair and curl it while Ellie did my makeup. And I found out they were both were really good at it. When Evie was done, my hair was in soft curls, and the front was pinned up. My makeup was pretty simple, but Ellie added a different mascara than I did and my eyelashes looked extra long. When it was time to pick out an outfit, I realized I didn’t have anything to wear, so I suggested I run home and get something.

    “Kennedy, it’s fine. You can borrow something of mine,” Ellie stated, and went back to curling her hair.  walked over to her closet, and when I looked through, I found the perfect dress. It was mint green, which would look great against my tan skin. It was made of chiffon, and it was sleeveless and high-low style. When I was dressed, I left the bathroom and entered Ellie’s room to see Evie staring at me.

    “You look hot! And I have the perfect shoes for you!” She excitedly stated, heading towards Ellie’s closet. They were black cross platform wedge heels. I slipped them on, and then waited for Ellie and Evie to be done. When they were, we headed down the stairs to go outside and wait for Seth.

    When Seth eventually got there, we all piled into the car, Ellie in the front, and Evie and I in the back. Ellie quickly pecked his lips. We all made small talk in the car for about ten minute until we were at the party. There were cars up and down the street, and it took us a while to find somewhere to park.

    When we got inside the house, I could tell that this party was already in full swing. There was a drink and snack table, girls dancing, guys drinking, and most importantly, someone drunk-dialing their ex. As Ellie and Seth snuck off to hang out, Evie and I headed to the drink table. She poured u both some drinks, and we walked around, surveying the party. It wasn’t until I heard a familiar laugh behind me that I realized that this night would not be drama-free.