Chapter Thirteen: Breathe

Never wanted this, never want to see you hurt

Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve

People are people and sometimes it doesn't work out

Nothing we say is gonna save us from thefall out

~ "Breathe" by Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dedicated to Ms_Mackenzie_Lynn, because she's my sista and is a really great writer! Check out her stories, "The Escape" and "The Remarkables"! Also, when it says PLAY SONG, play the song to the side, which happens to be "Never Say Never" by The Fray! Enjoy!)

Chapter Thirteen: Breathe

The next few weeks that passed by were a blur. Charlotte continued to stay with us, and my father came home. They had both come home for Thanksgiving because we were not only celebrating as a family- we were celebrating at the Evan's home.

My mother told me this news the day after the party- and the kiss with Everett. At first, I was nervous- I could easily avoid him at school and at home, but when he's sitting across from me and passing me the gravy? Not so much.

But, to my relief, Everett didn't remember anything from that night. He approached me the next Monday at school, thanking me for taking him home. After that, we were back to normal- or as normal as we could be.

When the week of Thanksgiving break rolled around, I spent as much time with Charlotte as I could. In the weeks before, I had to go to school, so she was left alone around the house the whole time- not really fun for a vacation. We had the whole week off of school- which brought endless possibilities. The first half of the week we spent doing all the tourist stuff- going to the Riverwalk, the Alamo, and Six Flags. It was really fun to spending time with my best friend again- the girl who has stuck with me for the last ten years.

When Thursday came around, my mood could not be changed. I was happy. Who wouldn't when you have an amazing boyfriend (who got back a couple weeks ago), your best friend in the whole world visiting, and both your parents are home, acting like a family. I walked down the stairs that morning, to find my father reading a book on his Kindle at the kitchen table, my mother cooking french toast, and Charlotte texting at the kitchen table.

"Good morning!" I chirped, a smile plastered on my face. "What are the plans for today?"

"Well, Cindy wants us over at four, so be ready by three thirty," My mother replied, flipping a piece of french toast. I looked at the clock above the oven, which read, 11:18. I sat down at the table, right as my mother served me two pieces of steaming french toast. I took one bite, and a little moan escaped my mouth.