Chapter Seven: Boom Clap

First kiss just like a drug

Under your influence

You take me over you're the magic in my veins

This must be love

~ “Boom Clap” by Charli XCX

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Seven: Boom Clap

    I entered the school on Monday morning feeling extremely tired. After Everett left on Saturday, I spent the afternoon and night watching movies while Landon was in and out of the house. Sunday morning, I woke up and talked to Seth for a while. He insisted that he and I do something fun, so we went for a run together. After that, he hung out at my house for the rest of the day.

    I started walking in the direction of my locker, and was surprised to see my boyfriend waiting there for me. When he noticed me walking towards him, he slowly smiled. “Hey babe,” he said once I was finally at my locker, and pecked me on my lips.

    “Hey. How was your visit with your mom?” I asked, grabbing the books for my first period class.

    “It was fun. The only thing that sucked was that you weren’t there,” he replied, making my heart race.

    “Aww…. I missed you too,” I stated, wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing him to me. He quickly closed the distance and next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. His lips moved against mine, completely in sync. We kept at it for a few minutes, before we heard the bell, signaling it was time for us to get to class.

    “I’ll see you at lunch?” he asked, a smile evident on his face.

    “Yeah. Bye,” I said, heading to my first period- physics. I entered just before the tardy bell, and plopped into my seat next to Evie.

    “Why are you in such a good mood? It’s Monday, you’re never in a good mood on Mondays,” she rambled, obviously tired.

    “Am I not allowed to be happy about seeing my boyfriend?” I asked, acting offended.

    “Oh. That’s what it is!” she replied triumphantly. “So, Ellie and I are going homecoming shopping after school. You want to come with?”

“Yeah. Just text me the details when you can,” I stated, and turned away from her to start taking notes on centripetal force.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once physics was over, I quickly headed to Algebra, and plopped down in my seat next to Everett.