four.

THE LIGHTS OF THE ARENA BLINDED SAGE MOMENTARILY

It was the day of the fights. She wasn't nervous at all if she was honest. Her dad had taught her numerous tactics over the years so there wasn't any move she was bad at. Her bow and arrow skills had been improving but she wasn't entirely comfortable with it yet.

The throwing knives were also a good skill for her. Renjun allowed her to use him as a stand-in target and he was surprised when she threw each one in close proximity of his body without touching him.

She let out a sigh, pushing back a loose strand of hair that had fallen out of her slick, low ponytail. So far, five pairs had fought each other— the effects being gruesome. She watched as most of them walked out with blood covering their clothes. Scratches were scattered across their faces. Some people's eyes even began to swell from the harsh contact.

"The next fighters are 667 and 621," Eve announced. Sage closed her eyes and loosened her shoulders. Loud cheers from the crowd was all that she could hear as she stepped into the ring. A blonde woman walked into the ring also, her hair messily tied up. Her blue eyes pierced into Sage's hazel ones. She seemed pretty fit. Her stomach was toned and although her arms were soft, you could see the faint muscles from workouts.

Sage put in her mouthpiece and cracked her neck.

"You may begin!" Eve instructed.

The blonde immediately charged at Sage, the caramel skinned girl quickly moving out of the way. Her moves were easy to predict and sloppy. Sage kicked the blonde's feet from under her and watched as she hit the ground. Sage didn't hesitate to straddle 621 and send a punch towards her face. The blonde screamed and kicked Sage from off of her.

Sage flew off of the girl— her eyes widening as the blonde pulled out a knife. The crowd gasped at the sudden weapon. Fuck. Sage didn't bring one because she thought they were only fighting by hand. Everyone else had fought with just their hands. The blonde charged at the curly haired woman who was still on the floor. Sage rolled over to dodge the knife that landed into the ring's ground.

"This isn't fair!" Sage yelled, standing up.

The blonde shrugged. "Who said fighting ever was?"

She charged at Sage once more, flinging her knife towards her. Sage wasn't quick enough to block it. She felt a sharp pain rush through her face as it sliced her perfect skin. The crowd quieted down as both 667 and 621 stood still. She could feel the blood that had began to seep through her wound.

Donghyuck stared at the woman in shock. There was a big slash that went from her eyebrow to the middle of her cheek. Blood had began to drip into her eyelashes. Her fist tightened out of pure anger. Her jaw clenched and her eyes darkened. Donghyuck walked closer to the ring out of curiosity of what was going to happen next.

"Come on Sage," he muttered under his breath.

Sage ran towards the blonde, quickly disarming her of the knife. She slashed her arm before throwing the object out of the ring. The blonde let out a scream from the pain. "That makes us even doesn't it?" Sage smirked. Her rage made her blind. The crowd watched as she sent numerous punches to the blonde.

"Holy shit," Renjun breathed out.

The blonde closed her eyes, the darkness filling her thoughts. "667 is the winner!" Eve announced. Sage wiped her still-bleeding face and stepped out of the ring. "A fucking knife," she scoffed out. Donghyuck followed her as she walked out of the center.

"Sage! Wait!"

She turned around, rolling her eyes as she saw him. He walked faster once he noticed that she wasn't waiting for him. "Sage!"

"What do you want?" she asked. "I don't think there's a need for us to converse."

Donghyuck sighed. "I was seeing if you were okay." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Stop playing with my mind okay? Don't act like you care now."

Donghyuck could see where she was coming from. The whole time that they had been there, he had been a complete asshole. But this time, he was actually being genuine. He didn't like that she was taking it for granted so, he did what he did best. Argue.

"Sage you're so damn arrogant. I wouldn't wast my time here if I didn't fucking care," he breathed out, getting closer to her.

"Now you care? I thought you hated me."

"I do."

A small silence fell between the two as they stared at each other's eyes. How did she look this pretty with dried blood on her face? "Then act like it," she sternly said. Donghyuck backed her up into a wall, his hands blocking her from moving anywhere.

"You're making it so fucking hard for me too."

Sage was left with her mouth slightly open. What did he mean? Her face softened as she tried to read his facial expression. It was no use too though. His walls were built, like usual.

"Donghyuck..."

His head fell down, the man biting his lip out of nervousness. She could smell the vanilla shampoo that filled his hair. "Fuck..." he mumbled. "Just, forget it."

She watched as he walked away from her and back into the center.

What the hell was that? Sage wanted to go ask him but she only knew that that would piss both of them off even more. She groaned and walked towards the infirmary. "Get a hold of yourself Sage," she muttered to herself.

The infirmary quickly cleaned up her wound and applied ointment to it. She knew that the cut would leave a scar, which made her angrier at the blonde. Who the hell plays dirty at the first fight? This is why she didn't like trusting people. Once they felt vulnerable, they would turn their backs on any and everyone.

She made her way back towards the arena, watching as two men fought. She squinted to get a good look at who it could be. Donghyuck. Her body moved quicker than her mind thought. Before she knew it, she was at the front of the crowd. Each move Donghyuck took was effortless. He skillfully fought the opponent, not even letting him get a chance to fight back.

Within the next few minutes, Donghyuck's opponent was still on the ground. Sage noticed that the tanned man had bloody knuckles along with another bust lip. His eyes searched the crowd, landing on her. His gaze quickly left her and he left the arena almost as fast.

She really didn't understand him.

She looked at the ranking board and sighed.

Kim Jongin- #1
Lee Donghyuck - #2
Lee Jeno- #3

Who the hell was Jongin?