thirty-three.

SAGE WOKE UP COVERED IN SWEAT, HER EYES WIDE FROM THE NIGHTMARE THAT HAD HAPPENED WHILE SHE WAS UNCONSCIOUS

Donghyuck woke up as soon as he felt the woman leave his arms. He sat up, watching her with worry. A few days had passed since they made the plan. Although Sage had looked like she was doing better, dreams had seemed to be against her once she closed her eyes.

Her faded scar across her cheek could be seen under the moonlight that shined through their room
Donghyuck began to rub her back, placing a kiss on her shoulder. "Was it the same one?" he asked, Sage shaking her head. She kept having a reoccurring dream. A dream where Eve would end up killing all of the Neo's— leaving her trapped in the building. She had to watch all of them die on each camera that was in Eve's room.

However, this time, it was her that had died. And the boys had to watch her slowly come to her end. Sage stood up, looking softly at the boy who cared about her. "I just need some fresh air, okay?"

He nodded, giving her space to calm down. She walked out of the room and downstairs, opening the back door that lead to the beach. She closed it back once she got outside, not wanting any bugs to come into the house. The curly haired woman sat down on her usual rock with a small sigh escaping her lips.

The sky was a dark blue, rain clouds scattered across the horizon. The salt scent from the ocean filled her nostrils as she took deep breaths. By the sounds of the small thunder— it was going to rain soon.

She closed her eyes momentarily to take in the peace and quiet that had formed around her. Crack. Her eyes opened immediately at the unusual sound. Another sound had came from the small forest that rested beside the beach. Her heart began to pound against her chest as two hooded figures came out of the woods. She got up, screams coming from her mouth. She needed to alert the boys.

"Haechan! Haechan!" she yelled, running back towards the house. She was too far out. Her yelling soon came to a stop as a towel covered her plump lips and freckle covered nose— her thoughts becoming blurred. The last thing she saw was the rain that had began to fall from the sky that had grew darker.

Sage opened her eyes, letting out a hoarse cough due to her dry throat. The room was dark, a small lamp only lighting up but so much of the area. Her wrist and ankles were aching from the tight ropes that encased her into the wooden chair.

Her vision was somewhat blurred, more than likely from the drugs they used to knock her out. She attempted to loosen the ropes but it was no use. The friction from her skin rubbing against the rope's material only made her wince in pain. "I wouldnt do that if I were you," a voice told her, her eyes searching for a body to connect it it.

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't tie me up," she said, anger rising through her nerves. The man laughed at her words. He came from the shadows, a black mask covering his face. She could only see his eyes but even then, it was blurred to her.