forty-one.

RENJUN HAD INVITED SAGE BACK TO THE BASE HOUSE, THE NEOS ALL EXCITED TO SEE HER AGAIN

She knocked on the door and the door was opened almost immediately. Chenle smiled brightly at her before engulfing her in a bone crushing hug. She laughed before wrapping her arms around her friend. "I never thought I would get to do this again," he said softly before pulling away from her.

"I missed you a lot Chenle. What are you up to nowadays?" she asked as she ruffled his hair, the boy slapping her hand lightly. "College. Im sick of it."

Ruolan walked into the base house that didn't seem to change a bit. "You'll do good. Use that big head of yours," she teased.

It wasn't long before the sound of feet thumping against the wooden stairs were heard by both Ruolan and Chenle. Jeno and Jisung both rushed down the stairs, Ruolan laughing as Jisung tripped on the last stair which only caused him to fall.

"You all missed me that much?" she asked, surprised at their reactions. Jeno was the first to get to her, the taller man giving her his eye smile that she always seemed to adore.

"Welcome back Ruolan. The base was quiet without you," he softly said.

Jisung stood up from his fall and made his way towards her. "Have you been eating well? Taking care of yourself?" he questioned. Her smile grew wider at the words that fell from his mouth. They all truly cared about her.

"Yes, i'm healthy and eating good Jisung. Jungwoo cooks most of the time."

Jisung clasped his hands together in excitement. "Jungwoo! Is he coming over too?"

Ruolan nodded. "Yeah he just has to shower and get dressed. He worked a night shift last night so he was a bit tired," she explained.

The group all walked into the living room and sat down on the couches. Jisung was beside Ruolan on one couch while Jeno and Chenle sat on the other. Was it just them here? Ruolan looked around before aiming her eyes onto Chenle's face. "Where is everybody?" she asked. Chenle looked at Jeno— the man only shrugging— leaving him to answer.

"There on the way, the older Neo's have been working and the rest were hanging out earlier," he said, his answer a bit suspicious to Ruolan. She nodded, letting it slide. She was probably just overthinking.

Jisung let his hand fall down on her shoulder, the feeling of being an older sister coming back to Ruolan. She pat his head before speaking. "What have you been doing lately Jisung?"

"I auditioned for a dance group. I'm just waiting on the announcements."

She smiled before placing her head on top of his. "That's good Jisung! I'm proud of you."

The four began talking about what she had missed and vise versa. Jeno had traveled overseas a few times with Jaemin— the two creating a blog together on certain places. Jaemin would do the photography while Jeno would write the articles. The two were planning on going to Milan next.