nine.

DONGHYUCK FURROWED HIS EYEBROWS AT HER CONCLUSION

"I'm sorry who the hell is Kai?" he asked, watching as they injected the man with a long needle. She sighed. She forgot that the two weren't on a first name basis. "Um, the guy I was with at the party," she softly said. He nodded.

The doctor injected a needle into Kai's arm— the man calming down almost immediately. His heart rate on the monitor began to rise quickly, alarming going off. The hell were they doing to him? His heart went back to normal eventually, two doctors clapping while one smiled. "Experiment 652. Pass."

Donghyuck's dark eyes wandered towards the clock that was in the lab— trying to take his eyes off of the scene in front of him.

"Shit. We got five minutes until curfew," he breathed out. "Five minutes until they track where we are."

Her eyes stayed on Kai, guilt rising in her body. "But we can't-"

"What are we gonna do about him Sage? We can't burst and there they will kill us! We gotta go now," he pushed. She nodded, following Donghyuck quietly down the stairs. The two weaved through the boxes— hoping that they wouldn't get caught. "We aren't gonna make it," she muttered, pressing the elevator button once they got to it.

The door silently opened and the two snuck in. Sage pressed the button to their floor and let out a sigh as the door closed. Kai was all she could think about. She felt bad for the man but, there was nothing she could do about it. If she were to ask him about it, she could risk getting caught. She had to watch him suffer in silence.

The two ended up back on their floor, the lights in the hallway off. They both walked out, a flashlight catching Sage's eyes. "They have nightguards," she told him, pulling him into her room since it was the closest to the elevator.

Once she closed the door, she let out a heavy sigh. "What's with you and manhandling me," Donghyuck muttered, brushing his clothes from the wrinkles she left.

She glared at him. "I'm not manhandling you."

The tanned boy plopped on her bed, laying down. "Yes you are. You just did and you did it in the elevator!"

"Get off my bed you're sweaty!" she exclaimed, ignoring his claims. He shook his head and she groaned. With one swift move, she pushed him off the bed— the man letting out a yelp as he fell onto the floor.

"There's no way you're sneaking out with the night guard out there. Go take a shower," she muttered, accepting the defeat. Donghyuck got up from the floor and looked at her.

"What clothes am I gonna wear after? Unless you want me naked," he smirked. Sage flicked him off. "I have an oversized shirt and basketball shorts you can wear asshole."

She quickly threw it at him and he was in the bathroom in no time. Sage was stuck in a room with Donghyuck for a whole night because he wanted to be nosy with her. She just knew that Renjun would get a laugh out of this. She heard the shower turn on, followed by soft, but beautiful singing after.