thirteen.

DONGHYUCK WOKE UP TO FRANTIC BANGING ON SAGE'S DOOR

He groaned and quickly got up, his eyes slightly shut from still being half asleep. He opened the door to see Mark and Jaemin, their eyes wide. "What do you want?" he asked, his voice groggy. "It's late and almost curfew."

"Why are you in here," Jaemin asked, peeking through the door to see Sage still asleep. "Why not?" Donghyuck shot back. Mark opened the door completely, barging in.

"That doesn't matter right now. Just, wake up Sage she needs to see this," Mark said, pulling out a folder from his pants. Donghyuck muttered curse words under his breath, softly waking up the woman.

"Get up Mark and Jaemin is here," he told her. She shot up, embarrassment running through her veins. "It's just a friendly cuddle!" she exclaimed, Jaemin shuffling a chuckle.

"We aren't here about that sweetheart," Jaemin teased. "We went into the actual lab today and grabbed a folder. Ground One is fucking crazy."

Mark made his way towards her bed and sat down, handing her the folder. Donghyuck sat down beside her also to look into it.

"If the participants of Ground One pass the experiments then they will be sent into the field to attack. The participants will be chipped and controlled, fighting on command," she read out loud. "Failure to attack or pass experiment will result in termination."

"Goal, to over take the citizens who have done wrong."

The hell did all of this mean? "Citizens who have done wrong. How would they be able to tell who is innocent or not?" Donghyuck questioned. "It sounds like they are trying to take dominate the fucking country."

"We have to put this back but we've already told the other boys. This is so much worse than I thought," Mark muttered. "Goodnight you two."

"Goodnight," both Sage and Donghyuck said. Jaemin and Mark left, leaving the two in silence. Sage knew she wouldn't be able to sleep after reading that file. They wanted to take away their rights and control them. She couldn't believe it. Donghyuck softly looked at her as she stared off into nothingness. He softly tapped her, her hazel eyes going to his brown ones.

"The chances of us being able to escape get more and more slim everyday," she whispered.

"Mark is going to come up with something Sage. I know you don't know him as well but he's good at getting us out of stuff. Just trust him."

"It's not him that I don't trust. This place is so unhinged. We never know what will happen next so how can we make a plan that will fully go through?" she asked. "I'm just... scared."

No more words were exchanged between the two. Sage laid down, Donghyuck clinging onto her. She needed comfort. She closed her eyes, listening to his heartbeat that pounded on her back. It was rapid, just like hers.