eighteen.

DONGHYUCK SAT BESIDE SAGE'S BED, HIS HAND HOLDING HERS WHILE HIS HEAD RESTED ON THE BED AS HE SLEPT

They had arrived to a base at a secret location in the forest so Ground One wouldn't be able to find them. The place was humongous despite being only one of the locations. There was an infirmary, workout room, nine rooms, and of course, a living room and kitchen. Taeyong had been stationed at the base for the meantime to help them out but he had informed them that he usually stayed by himself at another location.

They had did an emergency surgery once they got to the secret base to patch her up. Jongin had knicked one of her organs with is why she was bleeding out so fast. Their medic, Doyoung had reassured the boys that she would be fine but Donghyuck had stayed behind to watch over her.

He had fell asleep in the process from not getting a lot of sleep the past few days. The boys would frequently come in and out of her room to check up on the both of them. Jeno had tried to wake Donghyuck up for food but the man had only threatened him with his sleep-filled voice.

Sage's eyes fluttered open, grimacing at the taste of dried blood in her mouth. Her eyes trailed down to Donghyuck who was softly snoring. She let out a scoff. The curly haired woman placed her free hand into his hair and played with his brown strands of hair.

She watched as he slowly woke up, his eyes widening. "You're awake," he softly said, sitting straight up. His hand left hers, the woman slightly sad about it.

"No i'm dead," she joked. Donghyuck frowned. "Don't joke like that, I thought you were a goner for a second."

She smiled. "No one can rid of me that easily."

Donghyuck nodded, his face becoming more serious.  "I think I have something to tell you Sage."

"What is it?"

He let out a breath. "I haven't been good with feelings or my emotions in a while. So naturally when I found myself caring about you, I hid it with hate. I've been a dickhead to you and I know i've apologized to you before already but I'm sorry," he began. "Sage if i'm honest I cant fucking stop thinking about you. The things you do to me," he breathed out.

Sage grabbed his hand again, holding it tightly. A bright smile was left on her lips despite the pain she felt in her lower abdomen. "No matter how much you tried to push me away I seemed to still gravitate to you," she sighed out. "Hyuck you have to stop doing that okay? It hurts."

He nodded. "I know and i'll work on it. Promise."

The door opened to her room, Chenle peaking through the door. "Can I come in?" he asked. Donghyuck stood up and kissed her forehead, letting go of her hand. "We can talk about it more when you're healed."

He walked out and Chenle sat in the seat he seat in. "You two?"

She blushed. "Complicated."

Chenle crossed his legs and sat back in the chair to get more comfortable. "Well fill me in Sage."