twenty-nine.

ONE WEEK HAD PASSED, EVERYONE BACK TO THEIR TASKS

Jeno and Donghyuck had went on a mission a few hours prior to spy on people from Ground One. The mission went sideways however, the two getting ambushed. Luckily they had got out with only a few cuts and scratches.

Taeyong wasn't happy about how the mission went but he couldn't blame the two. It was a set up from Ground One and the leader had fallen for it. He was mad at himself.

Donghyuck laid down on the medical bed, hissing as Sage stitched up us his abdomen. He waved her off, signiling for her to stop for the time being. She rolled her eyes before setting down the needle. "You're a punk," she said, sitting down in the chair behind her.

"What?"

"Jeno didn't do any of this when I was stitching him up and his cut was deeper!"

He laughed, noticing how mad she was at him. Why did he find everything she did cute? "I told you not to get hurt you asshole," she muttered, looking at him with worry in her eyes.

"I'm fine Sage," he reassured. "Stop getting so heated."

She sighed. "I know, I just don't like seeing you hurt."

She finished patching him up, the man giving her a small kiss on her forehead before leaving the medical  room. She cleaned up her tools and work space before leaving also, walking past the living where the boys sat. Jeno had his eyes close, more than likely dozing off from the pain meds she had given him earlier. Donghyuck was beside him, having a conversation with Mark which was inaudible to her.

She walked out the house and onto the shore, wanting to clear her mind. The breeze blew her hair into her face, Sage sighing before moving it away from her face. The sky was already black— the stars lining every space of the night sky that they could. She sat down on one of the rocks, bringing her legs close to her body.

If she was honest, the sight of seeing both Donghyuck and Jeno covered in both their blood and their attackers shook her up. Even with her being in the healthcare pathway before Ground One, she didn't like to see anyone hurt.

Her eyes gravitated towards a piece of paper that laid a few feet in front of her. Her eyebrows furrowed before getting back up and picking it up.

Dear Sage,

If you want any information about where to find Eve, meet me at this address— alone. You are the key to destroying Ground One so please, show up.

From, a former participant in The Fallen.

She read it once more, thinking to herself. It could be a set up and she could get kidnapped. Hell, she could be killed. Even though the letter was short, it seemed sincere.

She folded the paper before muttering curse words. Sage placed the paper into her back pocket and made her way quietly to the front of the beach house.