3

Jungkook's POV:

“Alright, twenty-minute break!”

“Good work and thank you.”

I thank to the shooting staff and moved out of their way. We were in a public library where it was doubtful if the air conditioning was even on.

As soon as I sat down in the chair provided for me, the makeup staff rushed over to straighten my hair that was messed up from the shooting. A woman who looked a little older than me combed my hair with a clear expression, but when I glanced at her, she started blushing. The same reaction as the majority of humans.

Looking out the window, I could see the sunlight baking the asphalt. I hated summer. It’s hot, uncomfortable and the humidity was high. Winter was better.

They changed the shooting position as I was resting so the lighting faced me and reflected my face in the window.

Apparently my mother and father both had faces that many agreed was beautiful. My relatives said they were more beautiful than everyone else in their elementary school, middle school, high school, and university.

The both of them created me and since I was young, I was smothered with love and given anything I asked for.

The same was true for my older sister and her husband that took me in. But they locked me away and trapped me in a storage room where I never got to see sunlight. The police found me later. One of my single uncles felt bad for me and took me in, so I decided to live a new life.

I lived normally, but that changed in my last year of elementary school. My adopted father married. But the person who was categorized as my new “mother” tried to treat me more like a man than a son.

In the end, my adopted father found out and she failed.

“Hey, can’t I ask Jungkook for his number?”

“No way! You can’t.”

Eeeh!? Don’t you want to know his number?”
(Me too... Pass it here when you get his no.)

“I do but won’t oppa get angry with us?”

I held back a sigh at the whispering behind me.

After asking me, the police took my adopted mother to the hospital and eventually to a facility. I thought it was obvious. In the end, she came to recognize everything, whether it was living or inanimate, as “me”.

It seemed like the person known as my adopted father was just a genuinely good person. Instead of completely throwing me out to avoid his wive’s madness, he bought me a condo and gave me my parent’s inheritance. Finally, he gave me his phone number, said we would only meet when absolutely necessary, and left.

To be honest, I didn’t think much about him, my adopted mother, or all the people who went crazy because of me.

Living like this was convenient, but I didn’t think to convey that. I didn’t even think about the favors others did for me because they happened all the time.

I was just staring at creatures that sought to be acknowledged by me.

I started as a child model from before elementary, and just continued with the flow until now. I was just a bystander in my own life.

Today was no different. I got up to pretend to use the restroom to avoid giving them my contact information.

There was still more than ten minutes until the shoot resumed so couldn’t I move around? While being careful not to move too far away from the shooting location, I arrived at the cookbook section.